Whatever.

Cidu Bill on Feb 2nd 2013

whatever.gif

Filed in Bill Bickel, CIDU, Groundhog Day, New Adventures of Queen Victoria, comic strips, comics, humor | 11 responses so far

11 Responses to “Whatever.”

1. jayjaybear Feb 2nd 2013 at 04:22 pm 1

During the run-up to Kerry’s confirmation as Sec. of State, speculation was that ex-Senator Scott Brown would run for the Republicans in the special election to replace him. At one point, Brown tweeted exactly that, “BQHATEVWR”. That’s what Pab is referencing.

2. jayjaybear Feb 2nd 2013 at 04:24 pm 2

Of course, Brown came out with a definitive “NO” a couple days ago, so Pab is behind the news a bit.

3. Mark in Boston Feb 3rd 2013 at 10:00 pm 3

How does the cartoonist expect anyone outside of Massachusetts to get this?

4. Cidu Bill Feb 3rd 2013 at 10:40 pm 4

I want to know how Queen Victoria understood it.

5. James Pollock Feb 4th 2013 at 12:11 am 5

She didn’t get it. Not even a hint of a smirk or a giggle.

6. jayjaybear Feb 4th 2013 at 12:22 am 6

Mark (#3): I’m guessing Pab is a regular reader of Daily Kos or another liberal blog, because that’s how I heard about it. It made the rounds when it happened.

7. Kilby Feb 4th 2013 at 01:05 am 7

@ James Pollock (5) - I don’t think that there is anything to “get” in a silly typo, but the Queen clearly understands that it would normally ignite some media confusion. Note that she already got the popcorn to eat while she watches the ensuing circus on TV.

8. jjmcgaffey Feb 4th 2013 at 02:01 am 8

Um…I heard about the ‘bqhatevwr’ thing just a couple days ago, on Twitter. Apparently that hashtag is (or was, Friday and yesterday) trending. I don’t know the timeline (when the drunk(?) tweeting happened), but when I saw this (here), my thought was to wonder how far ahead NAoQV is written/drawn, if he could put in something this current.

9. Kilby Feb 4th 2013 at 08:01 am 9

@ 8 - Entering “bqhatevwr” into Wikipedia redirects immediately to Scott Brown.

10. Cidu Bill Feb 4th 2013 at 03:05 pm 10

Kilby, what else could it possibly redirect to?

11. Kamino Neko Feb 5th 2013 at 02:54 pm 11

A ‘we do not have a page on that topic’ page.

That it’s gotten a redirect means it’s caught on.