Saturday Morning ArlEwww

Cidu Bill on Jan 26th 2013

Why yes, in fact, it is a Cyanide and Happiness strip…

shit.png

Filed in Arl-ewww, Arlo Page, Bill Bickel, Cyanide and Happiness, Ewww, comic strips, comics, humor | 26 responses so far

26 Responses to “Saturday Morning ArlEwww”

1. RyanE Jan 26th 2013 at 01:32 am 1

I personally wouldn’t eat there, but the 4-star review said their restrooms were *spotless*.

2. The Bad Seed Jan 26th 2013 at 01:38 am 2

Oddly, this is one of the lesser-Ewww-y C&H strips I’ve ever seen (no on-screen bloodshed, mutilation, death, vomit, etc), as well as one of the funniest and easiest to understand. Was this one done by a guest artist? ;)

3. Kilby Jan 26th 2013 at 02:38 am 3

It’s hard to see what the patrons are doing with their hands and arms, but I assume they are supposed to be shooting heroin.

4. Ron Jan 26th 2013 at 03:02 am 4

Whoa, Kilby, This is good shit man!

5. Ron Jan 26th 2013 at 03:03 am 5

Spotless!

6. Fluffy Bunny Slippers Jan 26th 2013 at 03:14 am 6

Sam’s House of Shit isn’t very good, too much corn, poor quality

However, This Shit makes pretty damn good crap, though I personally wouldn’t recommend their santorum surprise

7. Proginoskes Jan 26th 2013 at 04:28 am 7

Today at a faculty meeting at X University, someone had a power point presentation which mentioned some grants that had been awarded to us. I don’t remember the entire title, but there was evidently a typo at the end of one word, which was meant to be Partnership.

I’ll trust you to put the pieces together.

8. mitch4 Jan 26th 2013 at 09:31 am 8

Bad Seed — I can only half-agree with you. Sometimes indeed what matters most is how much is shown onscreen (yes, I’m generalizing to include tv+movies etc). But sometimes suggestion is very powerful, and when I experience “weak stomach” it can be just as disturbing when it comes indirectly.

9. Bob in Nashville Jan 26th 2013 at 10:41 am 9

She better hang on to that guy. If he’ll go that far to satisfy her, he’s a keeper.

10. The Bad Seed Jan 26th 2013 at 10:45 am 10

mitch4 - I agree that suggestion is very powerful, often moreso than actually seeing something, but I generally find suggestion more delightful than actually viscerally flinch- and nightmare-inducing.

11. John in Tronna Jan 26th 2013 at 11:21 am 11

That place is the number two restaurant in town.

12. Mark M Jan 26th 2013 at 11:57 am 12

A variation of this restaurant choice joke:
    “I’m feeling a little Mexican.”
    “Oh, and she doesn’t mind?”

13. Chakolate Jan 26th 2013 at 01:55 pm 13

I see the ‘eww’ part, but not the ‘arlo’ part. ??

14. Cidu Bill Jan 26th 2013 at 02:34 pm 14

Chak, the Arlo Page is really an advisory for comics I don’t feel comfortable placing directly on the homepage (generally because of language or sexual content). Unlike the Newark Public Library, I believe people should get to choose whether they’re going to be forced to look at certain things.

15. Mark in Boston Jan 26th 2013 at 05:37 pm 15

“Do you feel like sushi today?” “I don’t know. What does sushi feel like?”

16. James Pollock Jan 26th 2013 at 05:43 pm 16

Wait… the Newark Public Library forces people to look at things?

17. mitch4 Jan 26th 2013 at 05:44 pm 17

At the Karma Dog: “Make me one with everything.”

18. Chakolate Jan 26th 2013 at 06:14 pm 18

Oh, okay. I just always think of the ‘arlo’ page as being sexual stuff, and it just didn’t apply here.

19. mitch4 Jan 26th 2013 at 06:54 pm 19

Re Bill’s #14, I have a quibble on the phrasing (so, not an implied disagreement like Pollock’s #16). In saying “people should get to choose whether they’re going to be forced to look at certain things” you’ve got “forced” within the scope of “choose” but that isn’t the most natural way of thinking of it. I wouldn’t call it quite a logical contradiction to suppose someone could choose to be forced to do something, but it is a bit problematic. Though wordy, this would be more like “people should get to choose whether to look at certain things, not be forced to”.

20. Cidu Bill Jan 26th 2013 at 07:45 pm 20

Well, obviously when I saw “forced to look at” I’m not referring to A Clockwork Orange-style torture (or, in more real-world terms, states that force women to look at ultrasound images as a pre-requisite to having an abortion; but let’s not go down that thread drift): I mean putting a possibly offensive image in such a place where people — who don’t necessarily want to see it — will have no choice but to see it.

People have a right to come to CIDU and choose whether they want to look at comings containing nudity, or Sam’s House of Shit.

21. Arthur Jan 26th 2013 at 09:13 pm 21

#20 has a hell of a Freudian slip in that last line.

One of the libraries I go to has CIDU blocked as an adult site.

22. James Pollock Jan 26th 2013 at 09:19 pm 22

But… ANYTHING might be offensive to someone who could see it. (Admittedly, some things have a higher likelihood than others).

And if you go by Internet traffic generated, oral sex is REALLY popular… right up there with cats doing funny things (which, coincidentally, ALSO offends some people.)

23. Proginoskes Jan 27th 2013 at 04:25 am 23

(#15): “If you knew sushi like I know sushi …”

24. mitch4 Jan 27th 2013 at 09:34 am 24

12-15-17-23: Oh my aching memory! What’s the jokey weather report that uses names of foods and ends ” … and hot tamale” [for ‘tomorrow’]?

25. Detcord Jan 27th 2013 at 11:22 am 25

mitch4(24)

Chilli today, Hot tamale.

26. mitch4 Jan 27th 2013 at 11:38 am 26

Thanks, Det!

An it IS chilly today; I’ll be hoping for at least a warm tamale.