Okay, so the obvious question is…

Cidu Bill on Jan 20th 2013

underwear.jpg

What was her underwear doing on the towel rack?

Filed in Bill Bickel, Greg Evans, Luann, comic strips, comics, humor | 18 responses so far

18 Responses to “Okay, so the obvious question is…”

1. Kedamono Jan 20th 2013 at 07:07 pm 1

Drying of course!

2. fuzzmaster Jan 20th 2013 at 07:19 pm 2

Hand sanitizer makes your face sting? Or is he supposed to have been shaving (despite the apparent absence of shaving materiel on the counter)? Even so … He was shaving without his glasses on? I’d think your bigger problem there would be bloody gashes.

And perhaps my experience with this is too limited, but I’ve never encountered a pair of panties that felt like a bath towel. Did he lose his sense of touch along with his eyesight? Who wears terrycloth skivvies?

3. PeterW Jan 20th 2013 at 08:15 pm 3

Shaving is often done in the morning, and lotion is usually applied after shaving.

Some men might know their faces well enough at midlife to do it blind.

4. PeterW Jan 20th 2013 at 08:17 pm 4

Some people even shave in the shower.

5. chuckers Jan 20th 2013 at 09:11 pm 5

What Kedamono said, although I agree with fuzzmaster as well. Towels *should* feel different to unmentionables.

6. Bill A Jan 20th 2013 at 09:13 pm 6

I just KNEW this one would end up here. It did make me laugh out loud.

The answer is to your question is that they were drying on the rack, but the bigger question is what made them wet. (And yes, water is an acceptable answer.)

As to shaving - I wear glasses and I never shave with my glasses on. Why risk them falling into a sink full of water?

7. NoAlias Jan 20th 2013 at 09:44 pm 7

I guess you just have to ask a female…

1. The underwear was drying on the towel bar by the sink.

2. Why? How did they get wet? DUH! She recently hand-washed her fine unmentionables and hung them there to dry.

3. How did he mistake underwear for a towel? He didn’t. He mistook underwear for a washcloth. He’s rinsing the soap off his face using a cloth, not drying his face with a towel. Still a bit of a stretch, but washcloths are thinner than terry cloth towels and might possibly be confused with undies?

It all makes sense to me, but not especially funny.

8. James Pollock Jan 20th 2013 at 10:11 pm 8

If you’re distracted enough by something (say, your face stings) it’s easy to mistake one type of cloth for another.

9. fuzzmaster Jan 20th 2013 at 10:15 pm 9

I’ve never had a washcloth as thin as a pair of panties, myself. And if his eyesight is so bad that he can’t tell lotion from hand sanitizer or panties from a washcloth, I would think he wore his glasses everywhere but bed and the shower.

Why does anyone think the panties were wet to begin with? He dipped them in the water to wash his face, didn’t he?

10. Jeff S. Jan 20th 2013 at 11:04 pm 10

As I’ve experienced, the easiest way to find a paper cut is to use hand sanitizer. That crap BURNS! I would hate to feel what he felt after his mistake. Even if he didn’t cut himself shaving, I would guess the sanitizer would still find any razor burn, which would be very unpleasant as well.

I wear glasses. I never shave while wearing them. I almost exclusively shave in the shower. I also do not wear my glasses when I put on my aftershave lotion.

11. Proginoskes Jan 21st 2013 at 02:03 am 11

“What was her underwear doing on the towel rack?”

Just hanging there!

12. Kamino Neko Jan 21st 2013 at 02:03 am 12

Presuming they’re wondering why the panties were wet and needed to dry, thus hanging in the bathroom.

The answer, of course, is she handwashed them in the sink.

13. mitch4 Jan 21st 2013 at 07:49 am 13

They’ve been married so long, he no longer gets a kick out of misappropriating her undies.

14. Molly J Jan 21st 2013 at 08:50 am 14

Heck yeah, mitch. Maybe he *meant* to wash his face with her panties!

Do people normally keep hand sanitizer next to the sink? If you’ve just washed your hands with soap, using hand sanitizer is a bit of overkill, isn’t it?

15. The Bad Seed Jan 21st 2013 at 09:58 am 15

Some women hand-wash their panties, either before or instead of washing them in the machine. Since they get worn and washed more often than most of one’s clothes, hand-washing is gentler and prolongs their life. Also - and I’m sorry, but there’s no more-delicate way to put this - if the hand-washing is a pre-wash, it has the same effect as rinsing one’s dirty dishes by hand before putting them in the dishwasher, rather than letting them just sit in the hamper for a few days.

16. Daniel J. Drazen Jan 21st 2013 at 10:13 am 16

Cotton panties can be machine-washed, but I fried a couple of my late wife’s bras in the dryer before I learned to bring them home wet from the laundromat to let them air dry on hangers in the bathroom.

17. J-L Jan 21st 2013 at 05:57 pm 17

I seem to remember washcloths that were torn off a roll (similar to paper towels). They were thinner than terrycloth, but stronger than traditional paper towels. The fabric of those washcloths was similar to the fabric of thin cloth.

Maybe that’s the type of washcloth that the husband is used to using.

18. Meryl A Jan 22nd 2013 at 01:07 am 18

I throw towels and drying laundry (in my case whatever the dryer didn’t dry all the way, no hand washing here) over the top of the tub doors.