And yet another cartoonist is muttering “@#$%^&* colorists!”

Cidu Bill on Jan 16th 2013

ghost.jpg

Filed in Leigh Rubin, Rubes, colorists, comic strips, comics, humor | 10 responses so far

10 Responses to “And yet another cartoonist is muttering “@#$%^&* colorists!””

1. Mike Jan 16th 2013 at 03:03 pm 1

This is such a weak joke I wonder if the cartoonist did it specifically to try and trap the colorist?

2. Judge Mental Jan 16th 2013 at 03:06 pm 2

Maybe the kid ghost is the product of an interracial marriage and normally is much closer in shade to the other parent?

Seriously, that is horrible. Did the colorist not read the dialogue at all? Did he read the artist’s instructions to “color speaker slightly darker then other ghost” and not realize which one was speaking?

3. Keera Jan 16th 2013 at 03:10 pm 3

I thought it was a cute joke. :-)

Reminds me of a newspaper ad I was working on, where I showed the client the colors offered in the corporate visual profile, and for the background color they picked the one that looked like - newspaper. Fine, no background color it is. ;-)

4. Judge Mental Jan 16th 2013 at 05:36 pm 4

Back before the days of color photographs in the the newspapers, I remember seeing a newspaper ad for a department store, which showed pictures of all the different colors they carried for a particular blouse (crimson, chartreuse, teal, ecru) all rendered in a delightful shades of grade.

5. Frosted Donut Jan 16th 2013 at 08:46 pm 5

I get this comic in my daily feed and it took me a minute to figure out what the heck was going on. And then I thought pretty much the same thing you did–another cartoonist stabbed by a colorist. They get no respect.

6. Proginoskes Jan 17th 2013 at 01:32 am 6

Why would ghosts normally be afraid of ghosts anyway?

7. carrot Jan 17th 2013 at 05:20 pm 7

@ 6
    because ghosts are scary !

8. Mark in Boston Jan 17th 2013 at 09:25 pm 8

Could have been worse. If the big ghost had said “Jimmy, you’re as white as a sheet!” then the English-is-a-second-language colorist in a far-off country would have colored the little ghost dark brown.

9. jajizi Jan 18th 2013 at 07:39 pm 9

I’ve always wondered, why are PEOPLE afraid of ghosts? I mean, the moaning and clanking of chains is usually a little startling at first, but once you realize it’s just a ghost, what is there to be afraid of?

10. Mark in Boston Jan 19th 2013 at 04:21 pm 10

Baby animals and lonely little children aren’t afraid of ghosts, if you believe those Casper the Friendly Ghost cartoons. (I always found those cartoons creepy, especially the one where the fox dies and comes back as a fox ghost.)