Can’t see this one at all

Cidu Bill on Jan 10th 2013

invisible.gif

How does this make sense if we can see his suit?

Filed in Bill Bickel, CIDU, Cornered, Mike Baldwin, comic strips, comics, humor | 17 responses so far

17 Responses to “Can’t see this one at all”

1. The Bad Seed Jan 10th 2013 at 04:49 pm 1

It doesn’t.

2. Jeff S. Jan 10th 2013 at 04:50 pm 2

He needs to “Garfield Without Garfield” it to make it work.

3. RyanE Jan 10th 2013 at 04:53 pm 3

Yeah, would’ve made just as much sense if they’d left the head on.

Better still would’ve been only the shoes and a tie, but maybe the censors won’t allow an invisible streaker.

4. MikeK Jan 10th 2013 at 05:04 pm 4

Um people begging on the street are often “invisible” to people passing them….. Still not funny.

5. J-L Jan 10th 2013 at 05:10 pm 5

I actually laughed at this one.

Maybe it’s because I’ve been known to be clueless as to where to leave a delivery for someone, despite the fact that delivery instructions are CLEARLY MARKED in LARGE LETTERS on a LARGE CONSPICUOUS SIGN for ALL TO SEE.

The guy tripping might as well be me. You see, the invisible man is taking great pains to make sure people don’t trip over him, and what do I do? I trip over his legs, despite them being CLEARLY MARKED several different ways.

6. J-L Jan 10th 2013 at 05:17 pm 6

If you still don’t get it, try reading the following conversation and see if that clears anything up:

A: Why did the commuter fall to the ground?
    B: Because he tripped over an invisible man.
    A: Oh, I understand. The commuter couldn’t see the invisible man, so he tripped over him.
    B: No, the commuter is just clumsy.

7. J-L Jan 10th 2013 at 05:24 pm 7

Sorry to go off topic, but that anonymous conversation I just posted reminded me of this five-line conversation between person A and person B that I read back on the early days of the World Wide Web:

A: Hey, today I bought a magic lamp!
    B: That’s great! How does it work?
    A: You turn the light on and off by flipping the switch.
    B: No, I mean: What makes it magic?
    A: Oh, it also makes toast.

8. Lola Jan 10th 2013 at 05:28 pm 8

This would have worked much better if he’d been wearing a Hawaiian shirt and Bermuda shorts (and, of course, no footwear or socks.

9. James Pollock Jan 10th 2013 at 05:28 pm 9

Usually, homeless people are just figuratively invisible. People walk right by without even noticing them, despite the fact that they’re right there. This guy is literally invisible.

10. James Schend Jan 10th 2013 at 07:16 pm 10

Wow. If he had drawn the head and hands, it would have made sense. If he had drawn just the cardboard sign and man tripping, it would have made sense.

He somehow picked the visual representation that makes the least sense.

11. Ron Jan 10th 2013 at 07:29 pm 11

I found it funny, but it’s tough to explain. This is the U.S.A. If
    a sign says something other than “wet paint”, people will tend to
    believe it. The sign says he’s invisible, therefore, we don’t
    notice (or we fail to believe in) the visible suit.

12. Mark M Jan 10th 2013 at 08:56 pm 12

If I was The Vicar, it would just make me sad that homeless people are invisible to you and me.

13. Phelps Jan 11th 2013 at 03:44 am 13

Receptionist: Doctor, there’s a man in the office who says he’s invisible.
    Psychiatrist: Tell him I can’t see him.

14. Keera Jan 11th 2013 at 04:01 pm 14

Really??? Have none of you heard of the invisible man, who could be “seen” only if he wore clothes? And you call yourselves geezers. Fer shame!

15. Powers Jan 12th 2013 at 10:49 am 15

Keera: What makes you think we’re not familiar with it? The point is, if the guy is tripping because he can’t see an invisible man, why couldn’t he see the clothing?

16. Keera Jan 12th 2013 at 01:07 pm 16

Powers, that’s not the impression I’m getting from these comments. Which is all I have to comment on, because I can’t explain the comic. :-)

17. Jay Jan 15th 2013 at 10:25 am 17

I actually get the feeling that originally there was no suit there, but the cartoonist decided to add it to clarify the joke, but in the end it just made it confusing.