I guess at least she can throw the pie in the face of the other whiny woman…

Cidu Bill on Jan 8th 2013

pie.gif

But seriously… anything?

Filed in Bill Bickel, CIDU, Six Chix, comic strips, comics, humor | 16 responses so far

16 Responses to “I guess at least she can throw the pie in the face of the other whiny woman…”

1. Bob in Nashville Jan 8th 2013 at 05:47 pm 1

Well, it said “pie buyer’s remorse” so I’m presuming that whatever kind of pie she got, she would wish she had gotten a different one.

So with pie one doesn’t regret making the purchase at all, just their choice of pies?

2. Judge Mental Jan 8th 2013 at 05:51 pm 2

Just brainstorming here:

Is it because “buyer’s remorse” is typically associated with large purchases like homes and automobiles and the woman’s “pie buyer’s remorse” is causing seemly disproportional angst for her?

3. The Ploughman Jan 8th 2013 at 05:53 pm 3

Maybe no matter which pie you buy, you’ll always find yourself hungry for the one you didn’t buy? I do not have this problem.

4. Judge Mental Jan 8th 2013 at 05:54 pm 4

My previous comment was supposed to say “seemingly”, not “seemly”, though that *is* one attractive pie (never mind, I am just making worse).

5. Mike Jan 8th 2013 at 06:09 pm 5

This is awful. IT’S BUYER’S REMORSE… BUT WITH PIES! Never mind that buyer’s remorse already applies to pies. This is less a joke than a poorly drawn illustration of the dictionary meaning of “buyer’s remorse”.

6. Elyrest Jan 8th 2013 at 06:12 pm 6

As I said on the other Six Chix comic today - “Six Chix is, more often than not, just a slice of life - not usually funny as much as an I’ve been there moment.” Except that this is really not funny and I would never have been there - if you change your mind in the bakery, there’s a quick solution.

Pie-ers Remorse would’ve been funnier.

7. Sili Jan 8th 2013 at 07:06 pm 7

It says «’buyer’s» - obviously she stole the pie, and now she’s regretting entering a life of crime for less than a banana pie.

8. Charlene Jan 8th 2013 at 08:24 pm 8

@Elyrest, since baked goods such as pies can’t actually be returned, you’d have to have enough money for the second pie if you had pie buyer’s remorse.

9. Elyrest Jan 8th 2013 at 09:24 pm 9

Charlene - If I’m standing at the counter and they’ve just boxed it up, which it’s hard to tell if she is or has just left, most places would take it back.

10. Robert Dye Jan 9th 2013 at 12:42 am 10

Is that the prop-comic guy . . Carrot Top? I’ve never seen his act . . . does he do something with cream pies . . .?

11. MollyJ Jan 9th 2013 at 11:36 am 11

Does anyone actually like banana cream pie? Blech.

12. zbicyclist Jan 9th 2013 at 11:47 am 12

I sent this in. Not surprised nobody else has a clue. Also asked for an explanation on the DailyInk board; no replies there either. I think it’s pretty clear this is a misfire. It’s not funny, and not an interesting slice of life, either.

13. Elyrest Jan 9th 2013 at 12:14 pm 13

MollyJ - I love banana cream pie. I can’t understand how anyone can eat lemon meringue pie - that’s a blech for me.

zbicyclist - Not all slices of life are interesting, but you’re right - this comic is a misfire.

14. Chakolate Jan 9th 2013 at 02:30 pm 14

Okay, a little late, but here goes.

This one amuses me, because I’m a sugar addict (reformed). When I used to buy pies, just being in the store was a mild form of torture - I wanted one of every single pie. So I’d finally settle on one, but it was hard.

The thing that this strip gets wrong is that once you’ve made a choice, you’re unlikely to change if given the opportunity. I may regret not getting a different pie, but if offered the choice to go through the whole thing again and make the decision all over again, I wouldn’t.

15. Jen Jan 10th 2013 at 04:41 pm 15

Maybe she really meant to write “Pie-ers Remorse” as Elyrest suggested and didn’t realize her mistake until she had already inked it?

16. Laura Jan 28th 2013 at 06:43 pm 16

Maybe she has buyer’s remorse because she got a lemon (meringue pie).