Catnip

Cidu Bill on Jan 7th 2013

catnip.gif

Filed in Bill Bickel, CIDU, Mark Parisi, Off the Mark, cats, comic strips, comics, humor | 7 responses so far

7 Responses to “Catnip”

1. Bobbygee Jan 6th 2013 at 11:10 pm 1

He’s passed his catnip sobriety test (touching his nose), so he’s able to consume more.

2. Elyrest Jan 6th 2013 at 11:20 pm 2

Bobbygee has it in one.

I made some catnip tea the other night to taste it and my cat ran into the room, sniffing all over the place and then jumped up and stuck her head in the cup. Catnip is strange stuff.

3. Catnipsum Jan 7th 2013 at 03:25 am 3

Great infographic here to help you understand catnip: http://www.catnipsum.com/sciency_stuff.html

It’s a natural drug for cats - has no detrimental effects on them, it’s just an alright high. :)

4. Kilby Jan 7th 2013 at 04:42 am 4

@ 3 - That website has all sorts of wonderful positive information about catnip, but not a single shred of evidence for the claim that the stuff is entirely benign. I naturally assumed that Rach and Ben were dealing to all those happy feline addicts, but there didn’t seem to be any sales pitch, just positive propaganda.

It’s been years since I tried giving catnip to a cat, but I distinctly recall that it has an odd scent, and after a while I started wondering whether it was having some effect on me, as well. Nothing psychotropic, but I had the feeling that it was starting to give me a headache.

5. Keera Jan 7th 2013 at 10:48 am 5

It’s genetic. 50 % of cats get turned on by catnip, the other half don’t react at all. To cats that do react non-catnip things like valerian root, oregano, a date’s shoes (thanks, kitty, way to make me look good!) all smell good enough for the cat to act like a stoner.

6. Chakolate Jan 7th 2013 at 12:12 pm 6

Cats tend to get more attracted to catnip as they get older. I don’t know why.

7. Rasheed Jan 7th 2013 at 01:53 pm 7

My last few cats had zero interest in catnip. I think my current one has poor sinuses or something.