Evidence

Cidu Bill on Jan 3rd 2013

Lola: I guess having some idea what Instagram is might be important?

evidence.png

Filed in Bill Bickel, CIDU, Cyanide and Happiness, Instagram, comic strips, comics, humor | 13 responses so far

13 Responses to “Evidence”

1. PeterW Jan 2nd 2013 at 11:36 pm 1

Instagram is the hosting service known for vintage filters and being used by obnoxious people trying to be artsy. The one recently bought by Facebook.

2. Arthur Jan 3rd 2013 at 12:05 am 2

But, even Instagram couldn’t change pictures of a car to pictures of her face.
    (He said never having used or seen Instagram.)

3. Michael Jan 3rd 2013 at 12:16 am 3

Arthur, I think the Coke can is the one she took for evidence. The other two were probably taken earlier.

4. Kilby Jan 3rd 2013 at 02:00 am 4

I thought the joke was simply that she was holding the device backwards when she snapped the photos, and took pictures of herself, rather than the car. It’s not that much of a joke, and adding the reference to Instagram doesn’t really enhance it to the point of making it funny (especially when the majority of readers have no idea what Instagram is).

5. Soup Dragon Jan 3rd 2013 at 07:57 am 5

Instagram, sepia filters and boring pics of food has been the target of internet jokes for weeks! C’mon guys, are you living in a cave? :-)

But no, I don’t think Instagram works like this.

6. Elyrest Jan 3rd 2013 at 08:40 am 6

I have been avoiding finding out exactly what Instagram is until it had some relevance to my life. A whole lot of stuff has come and gone without me needing to know about it. Right now just reading headlines has sufficed.

7. Keera Jan 3rd 2013 at 11:06 am 7

I think Michael @3 comes closest. Of course, I’m in the group that has no idea what Instagram does besides coloring everything sepia. That and vertical videos have become my pet internet peeves.

8. dd Jan 3rd 2013 at 12:43 pm 8

No, of course Instagram doesn’t do that, but it may as well, judging from the types of pictures people take. Even with this girl’s most practical intentions, she ended up with 2 self portraits and an artsy picture of trash. It happens to the best of us.

9. Chakolate Jan 3rd 2013 at 01:06 pm 9

Elyrest @ 6, I think I love you. I couldn’t have said it better myself.

10. Tonya Jan 3rd 2013 at 03:04 pm 10

You can sort of see the car far off in the background of the first picture. She started off with the intention of taking photos for evidence, but couldn’t resist the impulse to be obnoxiously artsy as Peter W described.

11. James Pollock Jan 3rd 2013 at 03:57 pm 11

Whitney Cummings will explain all about Instagram on her talk show, which features a segment called “Insta-grammar” to explain what the photos you post really say about you.

12. Ed Jan 3rd 2013 at 05:01 pm 12

I think the idea is that no matter what you take a picture of, once you’ve posted it to Instagram, it becomes a “duck lips” shot, a picture of a can, or something else equally pointless. Perhaps people are posting wonderful pictures to Instagram and they’re being transformed into banal garbage?

13. turquoisecow Jan 3rd 2013 at 09:46 pm 13

that is actually a beautiful rendering of a coke can, for what it’s worth.