See Dick’s Blackboard

Cidu Bill on Dec 16th 2012

rundickpardon.gif

The main gag’s obvious enough; but what is that written on the blackboard?

Filed in Bill Bickel, CIDU, Pardon My Planet, Vic Lee, comics, humor | 9 responses so far

9 Responses to “See Dick’s Blackboard”

1. Ron Dec 16th 2012 at 12:23 am 1

You see what’s on the blackboard in its
    entirety. Paraphrased: “Jane has seen
    you wallet; run for it, Dick!”

2. Keera Dec 16th 2012 at 05:41 am 2

Punctuation certainly would help, yes. A period after “wallet”, for example. There is punctuation in the Dick and Jane books. I remember being fascinated by all the commas. “Run, Spot, run!”

3. The Vicar Dec 16th 2012 at 06:47 am 3

C:\>
    C:\>SPOT.RUN
    Bad command or file name.
    RUN SPOT.RUN

4. mitch4 Dec 16th 2012 at 09:28 am 4

Still peculiar, if there is meant to be a connection between the girl’s remark and what is written on the board. “Wallet” is probably a higher vocabulary level word than this Dick & Jane lesson covers, so how would the Cliff’s Notes get away with introducing it? And if two disconnected jokes, it’s just too diffuse then

5. Powers Dec 16th 2012 at 10:43 am 5

Women are gold-diggers who are only after a guy’s cash, amiright fellas?

6. James Pollock Dec 16th 2012 at 12:21 pm 6

Sometimes there’s stuff on the board that doesn’t actually relate to the lesson currently being taught, it’s leftover from something else. The Men’s Divorce Support Group met in this room last night.

7. Dave in Asheville Dec 16th 2012 at 08:23 pm 7

I read the blackboard a little differently. I read it as “See Jane. See Wallet. Run, Dick, Run.”

Subtly different than “‘See Jane see wallet. Run, Dick Run.”‘ That’s not quite in keeping with the drumbeat of the original book either imho.

(And now I’m trying to work the “Ain’t nobody got time for that” meme into this, just for my own edification.)

8. AMC Dec 16th 2012 at 09:23 pm 8

It is a Gasoline Alley reference to Walt Wallet.

So the “Hey Geezer!” tag needs to be added.

9. guero Dec 17th 2012 at 12:08 am 9

Interesting, the version I read said “see Gucci, see Jane run” implying Jane was running to a sale, I suppose.