Fish Dinners

Cidu Bill on Dec 13th 2012

fish.jpg

Filed in Bill Bickel, CIDU, John Deering, Strange Brew, comic strips, comics, humor | 9 responses so far

9 Responses to “Fish Dinners”

1. The Bad Seed Dec 13th 2012 at 12:09 am 1

Apparently, piranhas can be cannibals, but only if another piranha is sick or injured. Meh.

2. Kilby Dec 13th 2012 at 05:00 am 2

It doesn’t have to be cannibalism. Skeletonizing any large animal is a lot of hard work, especially if the clan expects to achieve the often quoted “two minute cow”.

3. Lost in A**2 Dec 13th 2012 at 05:22 am 3

With their bugged-out eyes and down-turned mouths, the fish look stressed to me. The dialog implies that this is not their normal appearance.

4. Stan Dec 13th 2012 at 06:45 am 4

To me, it looks like they are all farting. Might that have something to do with it? Probably not, but still…it does look that way.

5. The Bad Seed Dec 13th 2012 at 08:44 am 5

I was figuring they were each stressed because they were worried about being eaten by a relative when they all got together. That’s the same stress I used to have when my Uncle Jack came to family dinners, because he always targeted one or more relatives for random torrents of verbal abuse. If it’s supposed to be just the stress of devouring a cow in 2 minutes, then it’s a double “meh” for me.

6. Rob W Dec 13th 2012 at 09:43 am 6

When piranhas eat, it’s sometimes called a feeding frenzy. That might account for the churned up water behind them. Perhaps the artist is equating frenzy with stress.

7. James Pollock Dec 13th 2012 at 11:35 am 7

I would think a feeding frenzy would be quite stressful… if you don’t get in there, there won’t be anything left over for you, and there’s always a chance that you’ll get bitten if you get too close. Plenty of stress.

8. The Vicar Dec 14th 2012 at 05:40 am 8

It just dawned on me — the fish are complaining because they had to eat a whole family at once, which was stressful.

9. Kilby Dec 14th 2012 at 09:55 am 9

I hereby second The Vicar’s motion (@8).