Friday Morning Ewww - December 7

Cidu Bill on Dec 7th 2012

booger-sb-coverly.gif

Does this one actually make any sense: assuming the girl’s not two years old?
sprinkles-ewww.gifbodyhair.gif

harness.gif

Ed Rush: It took me a while to notice the transparent glove. I suppose it’s supposed to be a poop-scooper. Ewwww.

Filed in Baldo, Bill Bickel, Bizarro, Dan Piraro, Dave Coverly, Ewww, F-Minus, Speed Bump, Tony Carrillo, comic strips, comics, humor | 20 responses so far

20 Responses to “Friday Morning Ewww - December 7”

1. Arthur Dec 7th 2012 at 12:10 am 1

Re the Baldo strip: It makes sense to me. She either loses a scoop of her
    favorite ice cream, or she makes the best of picking it up from the ground.

Re the Bizarro strip: It took me over half a minute to find that glove, too.

2. Scott E Dec 7th 2012 at 01:19 am 2

Didnt even notice the glove. I thought the joke had something to do with “Pie State.”

3. James Pollock Dec 7th 2012 at 01:35 am 3

Add me to the list of people who had to have the glove pointed out. At which point it went to LOL. The violent sort of LOL in which it is a very good thing I wasn’t trying to take a drink at that moment, because computer screens are not cheap.

4. furrykef Dec 7th 2012 at 04:46 am 4

It figures the one time Piraro puts the pie in a very obvious place, it’s so obtrusive it disrupts the joke.

5. The Bad Seed Dec 7th 2012 at 08:01 am 5

I saw the glove in about 10 seconds, but thought that “Pie State” was the joke until I read the comments. Where I live, people don’t use a glove (gets expensive, plus it limits the volume you can pick up), they just put a plastic bag over their hand, grab the poo, then turn the bag inside-out and tie it off. I might have gotten the joke on my own if it had been a bag instead of a glove.

6. Lilnizzie Dec 7th 2012 at 08:18 am 6

Re: Bizarro

But…but….the pants…how….

A real ewww, if he’s waiting for the “matter” to escape the pants, and start leaving a trail for….

ARGH

7. Bob in Nashville Dec 7th 2012 at 08:32 am 7

I noticed the glove, which made the Bizarro a definite ewww for me. However, I did get a kick out of the way it made fun of those “child leashes” you see some parents using.

8. Morris Keesan Dec 7th 2012 at 09:01 am 8

When I saw the Bizarro earlier this week, I puzzled over the pie for a few seconds before I noticed the glove, and didn’t think it had enough eeww factor to bother sending it in, but I expected to see it here as a CIDU.

9. padraig Dec 7th 2012 at 10:47 am 9

I missed the glove, but for me it’s an ewwww even if it’s a dog. I use a scooper for my dog walks, and it may look funny, but at least I don’t swing a little plastic bag full of poop around as I jauntily walk home.

10. mitch4 Dec 7th 2012 at 11:02 am 10

I like the receptionist’s expression. Carillo’s art is never fancy or really detailed, but I think he does a good job of conveying as much as he needs to in the way of expressions and some characterization, via rellatively simple means.

OTOH, is the receptionist really entitled to that expression? Given the nature of the establishment, surely she hears hairy body parts mentioned all day.

11. Daniel J. Drazen Dec 7th 2012 at 11:08 am 11

Either the glove, or the pants and (presumed) diaper the kid is wearing is superfluous.

12. Soup Dragon Dec 7th 2012 at 11:23 am 12

padraig #8: So what do you do with the scooper?

13. Elyrest Dec 7th 2012 at 12:15 pm 13

Soup Dragon - I was wondering what padraig did with the scooper too. I just can’t see a person walking with a scooper looking jaunty. I see so many people with a bag-a-poop that I don’t think twice.

Count me in with the people who didn’t see the glove and assumed the pie was part of the joke. I didn’t get it, but didn’t know it as I thought it was just a poor joke.

14. Bob in Nashville Dec 8th 2012 at 10:04 am 14

Followers of “Bizarro” recognize the pie as one of several standard gag images a couple of which the cartoonist likes to slip into every panel. The eyeball to the left is another one. So is the upside-down bird at the top.

15. Swimming Man Burning Dec 8th 2012 at 12:36 pm 15

Doogie bag = hand warmer on a cold morning!
    Ewwww? Get over yourself! Whatever.

16. Elyrest Dec 8th 2012 at 01:26 pm 16

Bob in Nashville - I recognized the pie as a regular element of Bizarro, but trying to figure out the comic with it placed front and center with Pie State surrounding it is another.

17. Elyrest Dec 8th 2012 at 01:30 pm 17

Sloppy editing: Recognizing the pie as a regular element of Bizarro is one thing, but trying to figure out the comic with it placed front and center, with Pie State surrounding it, is another.

18. Christine Dec 10th 2012 at 10:35 am 18

Having a 10-month-old, I found the toddler-on-a-leash joke funny. I can’t see it working unless you’re the parent of a toddler though. (I don’t know how people do it with pre-folds. Snap-on diapers are saving my sanity, because I can put them on as she tries to run away).

19. Meryl A Dec 11th 2012 at 03:19 am 19

Mitch4 #10 -

A joke on a little off the top.

20. mitch4 Dec 11th 2012 at 08:33 am 20

Thanks, Meryl. I did understand it was based on “a little off the top.” But switching it to “bottom”, while it could pass for “bottom of the head-hair”, likely could also mean, well, his “bottom” — especially given the nature of the establishment, and that the cartoon is trying to arrive at a joke.