”Insensitive”???

Cidu Bill on Dec 4th 2012

insensitive.gif

Filed in Bill Bickel, CIDU, Dave Blazek, I do not think that word means what you think it means, Loose Parks, comic strips, comics, humor | 12 responses so far

12 Responses to “”Insensitive”???”

1. fj Dec 4th 2012 at 09:41 am 1

Maybe the party is for a support group of the survivors of people killed in electrocution accidents.

2. The Bad Seed Dec 4th 2012 at 09:59 am 2

With a better caption, this one could have been funny. :(

3. Kilby Dec 4th 2012 at 10:03 am 3

I agree with The Bad Seed (@2): simply dropping the first line of the caption would have improved this one enormously.

4. Wendy Dec 4th 2012 at 10:15 am 4

Reminds me of the “Good Idea, Bad Idea” skits on Animaniacs. Good Idea: Bobbing for apples. Bad Idea: Bobbing for toasters. :) It definitely needs a better caption. Maybe “Idiotic Party Games” or “Insane Party Games”. Maybe he was looking for a synonym for Thoughtless, but Insensitive is certainly not the right one.

5. Ian Osmond Dec 4th 2012 at 10:21 am 5

I suppose you’ll be rendered insensitive after playing, and probably unconscious or even dead. . .

No, wait, that’s “insensible”, not “insensitive.” I think I’m just going to have to agree with your “I do not think that word means what you think it means” tag.

6. AMC Dec 4th 2012 at 12:18 pm 6

It was a good idea, but it failed in the electrocution.

7. Brian Dec 4th 2012 at 12:38 pm 7

Maybe they are being insensitive towards the only person dumb enough to go through with it?

8. James Pollock Dec 4th 2012 at 05:18 pm 8

I would say it’s kind of insensitive to ask your party guests to stick their head in the water with a (plugged-in) toaster in it. (At least in cartoon-land, where the short circuit doesn’t cause either the GFI or the circuit-breaker to pop immediately.)

9. Lola Dec 4th 2012 at 06:03 pm 9

Party games that never caught on.

10. turquoisecow Dec 4th 2012 at 08:29 pm 10

Wendy #4 - I loved those!

Maybe some of the people are immortal, a la Bill Murray in Groundhog Day. He tries to kill himself with a toaster and fails. The immortals are insensitive to the mortals who will die?

Yeah, it’s a stretch.

11. Jeff S. Dec 4th 2012 at 08:51 pm 11

My 15 y/o daughter says it is insensitive to kill your guests.

12. Proginoskes Dec 5th 2012 at 02:52 am 12

I only see one plug going into the bowl, and hence ONE toaster. Maybe there’s an octopus inside of it?