Monday Morning LOLs - November 26, 2012

3d.giffight.gif

speedbump-coverly-callahead.jpg

Lola:
loose-lol-lola.gif
Morris Keesan:

missing.jpg

Filed in Bill Bickel, Bizarro, Comics That Made Us Laugh Out Loud, Dan Piraro, Dave Blazek, Dave Coverly, Dilbert, Garfield, Jim Davis, Loose Parts, Mutt and Jeff, Scott Adams, Speed Bump, comic strips, comics, humor, lol | 21 responses so far

21 Responses to “Monday Morning LOLs - November 26, 2012”

1. Judge Mental Nov 26th 2012 at 01:10 am 1

The Bizarro comic reminded me of this meme: http://p.twimg.com/AnE5iBgCAAIjVgg.jpg:large

2. Proginoskes Nov 26th 2012 at 02:29 am 2

3-D printers are real things, btw … With them, you can build machine parts which are already hooked together.

3. mitch4 Nov 26th 2012 at 02:41 am 3

I like all these, but especially the Bizarro.

The Loose Parts is funny even though I have an inkling I’m misunderstanding it. Is it that we get to understand their discussion as human/English words, but in reality they can only bark — and the pizza place takes barking as a pizza order with “bark”??? [Go ahead, tell me it’s obvious.]

4. furrykef Nov 26th 2012 at 03:40 am 4

mitch4 — you seem to understand it just fine. I don’t get your puzzlement.

What I don’t get is why they think they would have any more success ordering in person.

5. James Pollock Nov 26th 2012 at 04:04 am 5

6. Kilby Nov 26th 2012 at 04:29 am 6

I agree with mitch4 that the “bark” pun was good, but a little too obvious. On the other hand, if the dogs had complained about “redwood mulch” on their pizza, it’s fairly probable that it would have ended up here as a CIDU, instead of a LOL.

7. The Bad Seed Nov 26th 2012 at 07:22 am 7

The dogs should order on-line (as I do), not over the phone. There’s an app for that, of course.

8. Jeff S. Nov 26th 2012 at 07:29 am 8

“If they order in person, they can point at what they want, or just retrieve it themselves.”

Of course… As long as there is a pointer and/or a retriever in the pack.

9. Mark M Nov 26th 2012 at 08:19 am 9

“Maybe I should have said DiMaggio?”

10. Morris Keesan Nov 26th 2012 at 10:18 am 10

… and if the dogs went into the store to order, would the counterperson give them a dog treat?

11. J-L Nov 26th 2012 at 10:38 am 11

The “Loose Parts” cartoon where the dogs are still able to order a pizza despite it being covered with bark isn’t too far-fetched for me:

When I was in high school, I was with a group of friends and we decided to have delivered two large pepperoni pizzas. One guy dialed the number of the pizza place and, only hearing his side of the conversation, this is what we heard (from start to finish):

[pause] Yeah. [pause] Yeah. [pause] [Hangs up phone]

When he hung up the phone, we asked him if he ordered the pizzas, and he responded affirmatively. We told him that we thought it was odd that the only thing he said was “yeah” twice, and he told us that they were having a special for two large pizzas. Apparently our order exactly matched (or came very close to) that special. On top of that, caller id was quite new, but apparently the pizza delivery place had it at that time.

So it comes as no surprise to me that the dogs were able to order a pizza with bark as a topping.

(It’s spooky when businesses know you so well that all you have to do to get what you want is to say “yes” twice.)

12. Morris Keesan Nov 26th 2012 at 10:43 am 12

“No anchovies? You must have the wrong man!”

13. padraig Nov 26th 2012 at 11:42 am 13

Amazing how the Mutt & Jeff strip managed to recycle one of the few jokes that’s older than Mutt & Jeff.

14. DPWally Nov 26th 2012 at 03:10 pm 14

Mutt and Jeff go into a bar, or maybe soda shop or drug store, to scam a few sodas?? I could see that maybe in 1940 if the cartoonist had to pretend bars and drinking don’t exists to get published in a family paper. But in the post-Andy Capp era I think we all know that M&J are lushes who would rather scam booze than soda.

Please tell me we’re in the post-Andy Capp era, not the zombie-Andy Capp era.

15. Morris Keesan Nov 26th 2012 at 03:15 pm 15

I can’t read the copyright date, but from the style of the drawing, this looks to me like Mutt & Jeff PRE-Andy Capp

16. Chakolate Nov 26th 2012 at 03:27 pm 16

Sodas? Really? Looks like they’re trying to get a G rating. Kinda blunts the joke, I think.

17. Mark in Boston Nov 26th 2012 at 07:09 pm 17

The Mutt & Jeff probably came out during Prohibition, therefore soda, no beer.

18. DPWally Nov 26th 2012 at 07:25 pm 18

M&J copyright 1991, which presumably isn’t the original creation date.

click the magnifying glass

19. Proginoskes Nov 27th 2012 at 02:39 am 19

(1) That dog on the left of the “Loose Parts” comic is part setter, part pointer, and part chow. He’s setting and pointing at the chow.

(2) Re “Speedbump”: Will the cops be ready as well?

20. Bob Nov 28th 2012 at 09:41 am 20

Mark M @ 9 - hilarious. Thanks.

MK @ 12 - “Sorry. I spell my name DANGER.”

21. Kilby Nov 28th 2012 at 10:46 am 21

@ Mutt & Jeff - 1991 cannot be the original date, since the strip ceased regular syndication in 1982. It seems likely that the original copyright information was placed in the second panel, but was removed when the cartoon was recycled and/or colorized (note the truncated foot of one of the bar stools).