This was ”Depresing Comics Week” over at Cyanide and Happiness…

Cidu Bill on Nov 24th 2012

bed.gif

… but I think Dan Piraro wins.

Filed in Bill Bickel, Bizarro, Cyanide and Happiness, Dan Piraro, comic strips, comics, humor | 17 responses so far

17 Responses to “This was ”Depresing Comics Week” over at Cyanide and Happiness…”

1. Jeff S. Nov 24th 2012 at 07:05 pm 1

I haven’t seen the C&H strips, but yeah… this is certainly depressing, especially for a daily published comic strip.

2. MollyJ Nov 24th 2012 at 10:09 pm 2

Seems to me he should be saying did the bed used to be smaller, i.e. were they huddled more closely together in the past.

3. minorannoyance Nov 24th 2012 at 11:08 pm 3

Old Redd Fox joke: Riffing about an obese wife, he says “She thinks I love her because when she gets in bed I roll towards her.”

4. Arthur Nov 25th 2012 at 02:29 am 4

MollyJ: When they snuggled, there was lots of empty space on the bed.
    Now, he has a hard time finding enough room without falling off or bumping into her.
    So, now the bed seems smaller.

Also, C&H seems to be mellowing. I almost liked one of the “Depressing Week” comics.

5. mitch4 Nov 25th 2012 at 02:50 am 5

The bedspread may be down, but the comic is even downer.

6. Keera Nov 25th 2012 at 08:08 am 6

Thanks, Arthur. I was reading it like MollyJ did.
    And finally the pun hit, mitch4.

No matter how lame the comic, the comments are always good! :-)

7. Kilby Nov 25th 2012 at 08:54 am 7

Wow, five Easter eggs, but this time all five are easy to find.

P.S. Re: C&H: Just “this” week, and not every week?

8. ANDREA Nov 25th 2012 at 09:04 am 8

Why is ‘depressing’ spelt with one ’s’? Takes too much energy to type it twice?

9. Kilby Nov 25th 2012 at 09:04 am 9

P.P.S. How depressing, I only just noticed NOW that the headline needs another S.

10. BBBB Nov 25th 2012 at 11:46 am 10

Is that a piece of pie under the nightstand?

11. Kilby Nov 25th 2012 at 12:06 pm 11

@ BBBB (10) - Yes, it is - it’s one of the five Easter eggs, the other four are the eyeball (at the base of the lamp) and the three objects appearing in the paintings.

12. Elyrest Nov 25th 2012 at 12:18 pm 12

I found this Bizarro to be very depresing (so depresing that I can’t type more than one S). It’s all too true when a marriage breaks up that your perception of everything changes. Arthur’s comment was apropos - how far away can you move and not fall off the bed - the bed seems much smaller than before.

mitch4’s joke saved the day though and I groaned and laughed.

13. Ian Osmond Nov 25th 2012 at 12:39 pm 13

From the Talmud, Tractate Sanhedrin, Folio 7a:

“Another [man] used to say: When love was strong, we could have made our bed on a sword-blade; now that our love has grown weak, a bed of sixty [cubits] is not large enough for us.”

14. Ian Osmond Nov 25th 2012 at 04:00 pm 14

(Sixty cubits is approximately 30 yards or 30 meters, by the way.)

15. Pinny Nov 26th 2012 at 09:48 pm 15

Re: #13 & 14

More precisely, since most Talmudic authorities place a cubit (”amah”) between 18 and 24 inches, sixty cubits (”amos”) would be between 30 and 40 yards.

16. Dave in Asheville Nov 26th 2012 at 11:00 pm 16

It’s even sadder given that Dan and CHNW* broke up this year.

*Crazy Half-Nekkid Wife, with whom Dan was clearly head over heels for.

17. Molly J Nov 29th 2012 at 04:46 am 17

The way the piece of pie is drawn in this one, it appears to be grinning at me. It’s kind of creeping me out, actually.