WordPress database error: [Table 'com0800608122374.wp_terms' doesn't exist]
SELECT t.*, tt.*, tr.object_id FROM wp_terms AS t INNER JOIN wp_term_taxonomy AS tt ON tt.term_id = t.term_id INNER JOIN wp_term_relationships AS tr ON tr.term_taxonomy_id = tt.term_taxonomy_id WHERE tt.taxonomy IN ('category', 'post_tag') AND tr.object_id IN (10182) ORDER BY t.name ASC

Comics I Don’t Understand » Saturday Morning LOL-Ewww

Saturday Morning LOL-Ewww

on Nov 24th 2012

Bill K:

loleww.gif

WordPress database error: [Table 'com0800608122374.wp_terms' doesn't exist]
SELECT t.*, tt.* FROM wp_terms AS t INNER JOIN wp_term_taxonomy AS tt ON tt.term_id = t.term_id INNER JOIN wp_term_relationships AS tr ON tr.term_taxonomy_id = tt.term_taxonomy_id WHERE tt.taxonomy IN ('post_tag') AND tr.object_id IN (10182) ORDER BY t.name ASC

Filed in

WordPress database error: [Table 'com0800608122374.wp_terms' doesn't exist]
SELECT t.*, tt.* FROM wp_terms AS t INNER JOIN wp_term_taxonomy AS tt ON tt.term_id = t.term_id INNER JOIN wp_term_relationships AS tr ON tr.term_taxonomy_id = tt.term_taxonomy_id WHERE tt.taxonomy IN ('category') AND tr.object_id IN (10182) ORDER BY t.name ASC

Uncategorized | 20 responses so far

20 Responses to “Saturday Morning LOL-Ewww”

1. Lola Nov 24th 2012 at 01:02 am 1

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

For real! Was this online only or was it in a paper? Tell me I’m misinterpreting it.

2. Elyrest Nov 24th 2012 at 01:08 am 2

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

Lola - I don’t think there are too many other ways to interpret this. Maybe it’s just the nose that goes in.

3. Singapore Bill Nov 24th 2012 at 01:25 am 3

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

No, he’s not sticking his head in there. It’s a reference to the digital rectal exam, part of the physical exam where the doctor checks the prostate. It would be a finger that is being inserted. This is why I’m glad my doctor is a pretty woman with small fingers.

4. Logan Nov 24th 2012 at 02:46 am 4

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

FYI Bill, you’re missing a somewhere.

5. Logan Nov 24th 2012 at 02:47 am 5

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

I meant to say /font, forgot the brackets would make it try to interpret it as markup.

6. Keera Nov 24th 2012 at 04:46 am 6

Performance fart.

7. AMC Nov 24th 2012 at 09:28 am 7

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

This was actually a very common act.

Depending on the lion tamer’s jewelry, it would be either a one, two or three ring circus.

8. Soup Dragon Nov 24th 2012 at 09:53 am 8

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

This reminded me of this old DrFun cartoon: http://www.ibiblio.org/Dave/Dr-Fun/df200508/df20050804.jpg

9. Elyrest Nov 24th 2012 at 02:32 pm 9

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

Singapore Bill - Yes, it’s part of the rectal exam, but I don’t think he’s going in there with any fingers.

10. Morris Keesan Nov 24th 2012 at 03:41 pm 10

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

I don’t understand the Dr Fun one.

11. zookeeper Nov 24th 2012 at 04:02 pm 11

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

insert into arcade, up to:
    level 1 - wrist
    level 2 - elbow
    level 3 - shoulder

12. Mark in Boston Nov 24th 2012 at 06:57 pm 12

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

Playboy magazine had a better one way back in the 1960’s. Lion tamer, facing the audience, his back to us, pants down around his ankles, bare-arsed, arms up in the “Ta-Daaa!” pose just after performing an amazing and dangerous feat. One lion says to the other, “I liked it a lot better when he put his HEAD in my mouth.”

13. chuckers Nov 24th 2012 at 08:08 pm 13

@Morris Keesan

This should clue you in:

Fast forward to 8:25 seconds.

This was the first episode and it kept me from watching any more of them.

14. Morris Keesan Nov 24th 2012 at 10:41 pm 14

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

Thanks, chuckers. The illustration suggested something like that, but I didn’t get the “All Creatures” reference at all.
    Reality has now caught up with Dr Fun, in the form of the “Haptic Cow” simulator, created at the Royal Veterinary College, at the University of London.
    See videos at http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/8125651.stm and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ephvAcFeGnU (roughly the first minute of each, not counting the advertisement preceding the BBC video).

15. Soup Dragon Nov 25th 2012 at 06:44 am 15

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

@Morris, you already knew of this “Haptic Cow” thing and did not get the Dr.Fun cartoon? :-) But thanks for the links, and you’re right: Reality has indeed caught up!

16. Ooten Aboot Nov 25th 2012 at 09:02 am 16

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

@chuckers (#13): I got over my squeamishness and by now have probably watched every episode of “All Creatures” at least half a dozen times. Every job has its less pleasant aspects, including - according to Christopher Timothy - acting for the BBC, who in those days insisted on real actors’ arms going up real cows.

17. Morris Keesan Nov 25th 2012 at 12:38 pm 17

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

Soup Dragon, I think that the Dr Fun really relies on knowledge of the TV show. I was aware of “All Creatures Great and Small” as a book which had some popularity in the 1960s and/or 1970s, and may have vaguely known that it was about a veterinarian, but I’m not sure that I even knew that it had been made into a programme on the telly, and I certainly never watched it. Even though when I looked at the cartoon I had some idea that it might involve simulating sticking ones arm into an animal, that wasn’t enough to understand the cartoonist’s intent.

18. Singapore Bill Nov 25th 2012 at 01:48 pm 18

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

@ Elyrest. Look again. There are wiggle lines around the shoulders. He’s got a finger(s) in there and he’s moving it around (and quite vigourously too, given he’s got to but his back into it).

19. Elyrest Nov 25th 2012 at 01:58 pm 19

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

Ah, Singapore Bill, I missed the wiggle lines. I also see that the guy has a blue “latex” glove on what we can see of his hand. I concede, but I still think the nose is funnier - to me - not the lion or the lion tamer.

20. bAT L. Nov 25th 2012 at 07:25 pm 20

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

I also didn’t get the Dr. Fun comic at first, but for me it was because I didn’t look at the interactive part of the arcade machine! I suppose knowing more about the show would have cemented the idea, though.