Roboturk

Cidu Bill on Nov 22nd 2012

turkey1.gif

Filed in Bill Bickel, CIDU, Close to Home, John McPherson, Thanksgiving, comic strips, comics, humor | 11 responses so far

11 Responses to “Roboturk”

1. Kelex Nov 22nd 2012 at 01:12 am 1

Realizing that the farmers intend to kill them for Thanksgiving, either one turkey has decided to don a suit of armor and fight for his life, or one of them built a robot turkey to defend the entire flock.

2. furrykef Nov 22nd 2012 at 01:37 am 2

Given the flail, I’d say it’s meant to be a suit of armor.

3. fuzzmaster Nov 22nd 2012 at 01:49 am 3

furrykef is right. Although, given that the “real” turkeys all look like their tail feathers are popsicle sticks, I was at first thinking all the turkeys were fake.

4. Kilby Nov 22nd 2012 at 09:32 am 4

@ furrykef (2) - That’s not a flail, it’s a morningstar.

5. Jeff S. Nov 22nd 2012 at 12:19 pm 5

Kilby, Googling each weapon returns similar images. I guess it depends upon the source.

6. Boise Ed Nov 22nd 2012 at 01:24 pm 6

Kilby (#4) is right. With the spiked ball, it’s a morningstar.

7. NitricAcid Nov 22nd 2012 at 01:27 pm 7

No- if it has a chain, then it’s a flail, spiked ball or no. A morning star is basically a huge club with big spikes coming out of it.

Then again, you can’t really be precise with weapon terminology, because the people using them back in the day never cared what the folks in the next village were calling them…

8. Jeff S. Nov 22nd 2012 at 03:36 pm 8

Boise Ed, I can see the same item shown on Google under “flail” AND under “morningstar”. From my D&D days, I always thought a flail was long stick with a shorter stick attached via a very short chain (used in threshing wheat), but the images show a ball and chain. I always thought a morningstar what a glorified club, but the images ALSO show a ball and chain.

9. NitricAcid Nov 22nd 2012 at 10:11 pm 9

I admit, I stick with the D&D classification…a morning star is what a bugbear holds in most of its pictures.

10. Keera Nov 23rd 2012 at 04:08 pm 10

Goodness, is there any subject you guys don’t know about? :-) I had no idea a “morning star” was anything but Venus.

11. pepperjackcandy Nov 24th 2012 at 02:25 pm 11

My understanding (based on my European history class from high school — I’ve played a few role-playing games, but was never that entralled with them) was that a morningstar was a spiked ball on a chain attached to a stick. What you get when you put the spiked ball right onto the stick is a mace.