Schedule Change

Cidu Bill on Nov 21st 2012

The CIDU queue is running dry. No big deal, it’s a cyclical thing: sometimes I have 3 or 4 months worth of comics waiting their turn, and sometimes… not. So beginning Friday, the usual low-queue schedule change will begin: Saturday Morning Ewww will become Friday Morning Ewww, Sunday Funnies will become the less aesthetic-sounding Monday LOLs, and “regular” CIDUs will run Tuesday through Thursday only. Hopefully by January 1, we’ll have enough backlog to return to the 7-day-a-week schedule.

January 1 is also the projected date for CJA’s return.

Filed in Bill Bickel, CIDU, CJA | 13 responses so far

13 Responses to “Schedule Change”

1. Elyrest Nov 21st 2012 at 12:21 pm 1

I’m curious - I’ve sent in a number of comics that have never shown up here. Some are CIDU, some LOL and some Ewww. I’m never sure, if I don’t see them, if they don’t get to you or they just don’t “rate”. For the CIDUs, if you can explain the comic, you email me back, but you didn’t with these so I assumed that eventually they’d pop up here.

Do you want more comics sent in to help with the lull?

2. John DiFool Nov 21st 2012 at 02:37 pm 2

Don’t look at me-I’ve sent in something like 3-4 synchronicities over the past 6 months, and haven’t seen any of them put up yet.

3. Cidu Bill Nov 21st 2012 at 02:51 pm 3

Elyrest and John, I do have a bunch of stuff sitting in my e-mail box, and I apologize for not getting to it yet: it’s been a long couple of months. But the stuff in my inbox is pretty much my entire backlog right now, which is why I’m switching over to the Conservation Schedule. Better to do that than suddenly one Wednesday morning have to write “Sorry, nothing today”

The timing is good, anyway: people don’t tend to be online much in December (other than to visiting shopping sites).

4. Keera Nov 21st 2012 at 03:53 pm 4

I don’t know whether to feel guilty or not. I sort of had the same experience as Elyrest and John and kind of gave up sending anything in. It’s like voting now: Some other guy will do what I was gonna do and get the result. ;-)

(I also blame GoComics since they weren’t as “submission friendly” as ol’ uComics were, IME. Which is the equivalent of line is too long/post office too far for me to get my ballot in.)

Right. All new good things start on January 1 - Mayans be darned.

5. Pete Nov 21st 2012 at 04:49 pm 5

Did you get the two synchronicities I sent you?

6. Jeff S. Nov 21st 2012 at 09:48 pm 6

I subscribe to 2 comics via email… Savage Chickens and Dilbert. I rarely find Dilbert funny any longer and I always understand SC, so I have yet to send anything in. I guess I am part of the problem. Maybe I am THE problem. ;)

7. James Pollock Nov 22nd 2012 at 01:10 am 7

Well, now my weekends are just shot all to hell.

8. Cidu Bill Nov 22nd 2012 at 01:35 am 8

And my apologies to you as well, Keera. I appreciate everything that’s sent to me and I don’t deliberately ignore anything — but I get involved doing too many things at once, and I let things pile up.

Let’s just say that January 1 will also bring a New Year’s resolution to deal with e-mailed comics more quickly.

9. Boise Ed Nov 22nd 2012 at 01:34 pm 9

Yeah, Bill, we want our money back! :-) Have a happy turkey day. Gobble, gobble.

10. Elyrest Nov 22nd 2012 at 02:06 pm 10

Wait a minute! Does this mean that you don’t schedule your life around CIDU and us - your loyal followers?

11. Keera Nov 22nd 2012 at 02:56 pm 11

Actually, Elyrest, I think Bill does. Hence the juggling of the backlog to keep giving us some semblance of regular updates. ;-)

12. Elyrest Nov 23rd 2012 at 04:16 pm 12

Keera - I’ll cut him a break this time as he does seem apologetic.

13. Keera Nov 23rd 2012 at 04:19 pm 13