Fore (Arlo)

Cidu Bill on Nov 6th 2012

(Okay, I understand that WordPress is always an hour off for the first couple of weeks after DST begins and ends… but right now, Sunday evening, it seems to think today is Tuesday!)

foreshadow.gif(“Bonus” panel)

Filed in Arlo Page, Bill Bickel, CIDU, Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal, Zach Weiner, comic strips, comics, humor | 19 responses so far

19 Responses to “Fore (Arlo)”

1. Rainey Nov 5th 2012 at 12:48 am 1

“Not only did the condom appear down there but it changed color and style as well.”

2. jjmcgaffey Nov 5th 2012 at 12:49 am 2

Four? Do you mean Step 4 confuses you? It’s to make it look like he’s “passing” the condom to the appropriate spot…

It got a good grin, if not a LOL, from me. But a bit ewwy, too - even if he hadn’t actually eaten it (Step 0 - learn to palm condoms).

3. John Small Berries Nov 5th 2012 at 01:00 am 3

A slightly different take on the traditional sideshow act of eating a condom and then pulling it out of one’s nose, I guess - except as far as I can tell, they don’t need step 1.

4. Cidu Bill Nov 5th 2012 at 01:01 am 4

Sorry, jjmcgaffey, the title was supposed to be “Fore.” I’m sleep-deprived this week. I’m explaing this rather than just changing the title so people won’t think you misread it.

5. Proginoskes Nov 5th 2012 at 04:09 am 5

What is this DST that Bill talks of?

6. Jeff Lichtman Nov 5th 2012 at 04:19 am 6

The foreshadowing joke is that the next thing he eats will also appear on his penis. What do you suppose that will be?

7. Kilby Nov 5th 2012 at 06:56 am 7

@ Proginoskes (5) - I’m almost inclined to think that the question is satirical, but just in case it wasn’t, DST is a standard moniker (in the US, at least) for Daylight Saving(s) Time (in the UK it’s frequently called “summer time”). There is a well-known, but unfortunately not well-understood bug in Wordpress that causes irregular behavior in the clocking arrangement that releases pre-saved posts during an ill-defined period before and/or after DST shifts. Bill has complained (or explained) about this effect several times in the past.

8. Powers Nov 5th 2012 at 09:08 am 8

That’s an awful long way to go for an extremely lame joke.

9. Morris Keesan Nov 5th 2012 at 10:01 am 9

I sent this in yesterday with the “LOL” tag. Jeff Lichtman has it exactly: Steps 1 through 5 are the setup, and Step 6 is the punchline.
    I will admit that it took me a couple of seconds to get it, but that made it funnier.

10. Kilby Nov 5th 2012 at 10:27 am 10

@ Jeff (6) - You’re thinking of starfruit or pineapple, I take it?

11. Chakolate Nov 5th 2012 at 12:53 pm 11

The only LOL for me came in the ‘button’ joke, when she asks if he wants her to take him to the hospital, and he says, yes, please.

12. Jeff S. Nov 5th 2012 at 01:14 pm 12

Powers, the line should be… That’s an awful long way to go for an extremely limp joke.

13. Proginoskes Nov 6th 2012 at 03:46 am 13

@ Kelly: Ah yes, the old “cut off your head and stand on top of it to make yourself taller” thing. We don’t have such foolishness in Arizona. (We have other foolishness, though.)

14. Kilby Nov 6th 2012 at 07:22 am 14

@ Proginoskes - Who is “Kelly”, or rather, in which thread was that comment (@13) supposed to appear?

15. Christine Nov 6th 2012 at 02:23 pm 15

I’m just as confused as when I read this in the first place. It would make perfect sense, and be hilarious, if it wasn’t for the “foreshadowing” remark. And to add more controversy - I don’t think that the condom necessarily changed, it’s just that she’s not an idiot, and figured out what he did.

16. Morris Keesan Nov 6th 2012 at 02:35 pm 16

Christine: He’s planning to perform oral sex on her.

17. Wendy Nov 7th 2012 at 12:18 pm 17

Thanks Morris. The whole foreshadowing remark had gone over my head, too. I thought the rest of the strip was (in)decently funny, but I had basically just ignored the final remark until you said that.

18. Daniel J. Drazen Nov 7th 2012 at 12:42 pm 18

Powers: I know that guy and it wasn’t that long. Ta-ta-BOOM-ching!

19. Morris Keesan Nov 7th 2012 at 12:49 pm 19

Wendy, I thought the rest of the comic was mildly amusing; it was only the final-panel payoff that made it laugh-out-loud funny for me.