Robocall

Cidu Bill on Nov 5th 2012

Filed in Bill Bickel, Bill Clinton, Election Day, Scott Ganz, humor, politics | 9 responses so far

9 Responses to “Robocall”

1. Kilby Nov 6th 2012 at 12:02 am 1

The “horror movie call” aspect was somewhat amusing, but depicting it coming from the Obama campaign was a little too partisan (especially the final graphic). I’d advocate for equal time for Romney’s robots, I’ll bet they are just as annoying.

2. Cidu Bill Nov 6th 2012 at 12:08 am 2

I think it works better with the Democrats because Bill Clinton is so likeable. If it were Dick Cheney calling, the call would have been horrifying at “hello.”

I happen to know this definitely wasn’t produced with any partisan intent.

3. Jeff S. Nov 6th 2012 at 01:40 am 3

They would just have to use a different movie genre for the Republicans, like a comedy. A call from Clint Eastwood could be just as terrifying, but it could be funny too. I certain a call from Sarah Palin would be quite humorous.

4. Elyrest Nov 6th 2012 at 09:39 am 4

I live in Ohio and I was off yesterday. My house phone rang almost non-stop all day long. After the first couple I didn’t answer anymore. I never had to deal with being assaulted like this when I lived in California, although I did get at least one weird, almost funny, robo-call from Arnold Schwarzenegger.

5. Wendy Nov 6th 2012 at 10:32 am 5

That was really funny! Definitely an LOL!

6. Jon Delfin Nov 6th 2012 at 12:40 pm 6

The advantage of living in a non-swing state: The only robocalls I’ve received in the past eight weeks have been from people (”people”) wanting to sell me electricity and lower my credit card interest rate.

7. padraig Nov 6th 2012 at 12:43 pm 7

I’m in a swing state and am getting bombarded. Fortunately they only have my land line, which I’m thinking about cutting off. (I only keep it for 911 mostly.) FWIW, every pro-Romney call I’ve gotten has been a robo-call whereas about 1/2 the Obama calls have been actual human beings. Read into that what you will…

8. Jeff S. Nov 6th 2012 at 12:57 pm 8

Oklahoma is definitely NOT a swing state, but I actually DID get one call yesterday. It was from the Cherokee Nation, urging me to vote today. It was the first political call I had had in years.

9. jp Nov 8th 2012 at 08:01 pm 9

At the beginning this reminded me a lot of the Firesign Theatre’s “I Think We’re All Bozos on this Bus”. I wouldn’t be surprised if the creator(s) of this clip were familiar with that record.

s/Uh, Clem/Jim/g