Haloloween

Cidu Bill on Oct 28th 2012

20111031.gif
20111031after.gif

mask.gif

Filed in Comics That Made Us Laugh Out Loud, Halloween, Lio, Mark Tatulli, Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal, Zach Weiner, comic strips, comics, humor, lol | 12 responses so far

12 Responses to “Haloloween”

1. Captain Tact Oct 28th 2012 at 12:57 am 1

I think those might be the angriest people outside of an “F Minus” strip I’ve ever seen.

2. Kilby Oct 28th 2012 at 03:04 am 2

I had a dim memory of the SMBC strip (it’s from Halloween 2011), but I think that might have been before I discovered the “votey” button - the bonus panel was a hilarious surprise. This year’s Halloween SMBC is pretty good, too.

3. John DiFool Oct 28th 2012 at 08:41 am 3

The funniest Halloween Lio one was actually the strip the day before the one printed here:

4. mitch4 Oct 28th 2012 at 10:10 am 4

What’s the joke in the Lio? (Or, what’s the storyline?) sorry, I don’t get it at all.

5. mitch4 Oct 28th 2012 at 10:11 am 5

Was his hood from the back supposed to look like a cornucopia?

6. Jeff S. Oct 28th 2012 at 11:22 am 6

I think he is supposed to be Death / Grim Reaper with a happy clown mask, but he could also be Pennywise the Clown from Stephen King’s It.

7. Judge Mental Oct 28th 2012 at 12:42 pm 7

@mitch4 # 4

The joke is indeed that you are expecting a “normal” grim reaper and he turns around to reveal something else. That being said, I am not sure if the artist was shooting for:

“You were expecting something grim and got the opposite”
    or
    “Here is the scariest face imaginable (in many people’s opinion): a clown”

8. Mike K Oct 28th 2012 at 02:01 pm 8

Kilby- I don’t get this year’s strip that you referenced. E.g. if everything went well, why the trick (as evidenced by the roll of TP). Can you help me out?

9. Kilby Oct 28th 2012 at 02:15 pm 9

@ Mike K (8) - The “superposition” is a reference to an effect in quantum physics, in which two or more apparently exclusive particle states are “blended”. The most famous example is Schroedinger’s cat, which is “50% alive & 50% dead”. Thus, the girl got the candy, but played the trick anyway, justifying it with the science of her occupation.

10. Mark in Boston Oct 28th 2012 at 07:37 pm 10

Lio is helping the Grim Reaper pick out his Halloween mask. That’s all.

Well, the Grim Reaper can’t go to a Halloween party as himself. I mean think about it. If you really are a cowboy you don’t go as a cowboy — that’s just lazy.

11. Mark in Boston Oct 28th 2012 at 07:41 pm 11

The girl can’t get the candy and play the trick anyway! The superposition is only a superposition until it is observed, and then it coalesces into either a treat or a trick. Either someone sees her with a treat or someone sees the result of the trick; one or the other, not both.

12. James Pollock Oct 28th 2012 at 09:24 pm 12

Mark, what you’re seeing is an example of quantum treat tunneling… the candy moved from the bowl in the house to the bag outside without passing through any of the intervening space. Spooky… (Action at a distance.)