Halloween Ewww/Arlo/CIDU

Cidu Bill on Oct 27th 2012

Morris Keesan: Skull-fucking the pumpkin wasn’t enough to make it a real eewww for me. What pushes it over the edge is the implication of why the seeds smell great, along with knowing that housemate is going to eat them. (The eeewww contains a mild CIDU, since as far back as I can remember carving pumpkins, or even seeing them carved, I’ve known that you clean out all of the seeds from the inside before starting to carve.)

7ca146.jpg

Filed in Arlo Page, Bill Bickel, CIDU, Ewww, Halloween, Least I Could Do, comic strips, comics, humor | 15 responses so far

15 Responses to “Halloween Ewww/Arlo/CIDU”

1. Jeff S. Oct 27th 2012 at 01:35 pm 1

I always thought the Arlo part was trying to sneak one past the censors, but this one is about as blatant as can ever be. As far as the CIDU/Ewww part… NOT THAT I HAVE FIRSTHAND EXPERIENCE, BUT… perhaps leaving the seeds in the pumpkin enhances the skull f’ing experience?

2. Mark M Oct 27th 2012 at 01:36 pm 2

I’m guessing (hoping) that he carved the pumpkin, and thus removed the seeds, just prior to the uh, deed.

3. Jeff S. Oct 27th 2012 at 01:40 pm 3

LOL… “I got a rock”

4. Mark in Boston Oct 27th 2012 at 11:23 pm 4

Well, if those two men are gay …

if you can’t figure out the rest, I’m not going to tell you.

5. Proginoskes Oct 28th 2012 at 04:09 am 5

@ Mark in Boston, IIRC, they’re brothers.

Trivia: The cover of Emerson, Lake, and Palmer’s _Brain Salad Surgery_ was originally going to feature a cravf* in the woman’s mouth as well. Hey, that’s what “brain salad surgery” MEANS … (And their original title for the album was _Gonna lay some skull on ya_, which also means …)

* rot13′d to get past the censor

6. Kilby Oct 28th 2012 at 04:55 am 6

that’s what … MEANS…

Perhaps. There are plenty of amateur (such as Wikipedia) references available, but everyone seems to be quoting someone else’s “authority”. I have not discovered even one reference from a primary source using the phrase in the supposed sense.

7. Kilby Oct 28th 2012 at 05:59 am 7

P.S. And even if anyone else DOES find a corresponding reference, I really don’t want to hear about it, and especially not here at CIDU.

8. John Small Berries Oct 28th 2012 at 10:06 am 8

They’re not brothers, Proginoskes, they’re roommates. This is his brother.

And considering this strip, Mark M, I wouldn’t bet on it.

(I’m sad that I know these things. I really love the artwork, but I can’t stand the writing of the main character.)

9. Morris Keesan Oct 28th 2012 at 11:27 am 9

I sent this in almost a year ago, probably on the day that it originally appeared on the web, and I had totally forgotten about it. I’m impressed that Bill is sufficiently organized to have kept it around and posted it here at the right time of year.

10. Mark in Boston Oct 28th 2012 at 07:46 pm 10

On the other hand: Step 1. Open the pumpkin and scoop out the seeds. Set them aside. Step 2. Carve the face on the pumpkin. Step 3. Put the seeds in the oven. Step 4. Do whatever it is that made the jack-o-lantern’s eye so big. So the seeds smell great just because they were in the oven for a nice long time. Not because of what I was thinking before.

11. PeterW Oct 28th 2012 at 11:27 pm 11

Today’s (Sunday 10/28) strip seems to indicate in the throwaway panels that the writer does not understand that the guts get removed in the jack-o-lantern process.

12. Proginoskes Oct 29th 2012 at 02:34 am 12

@ John Small Berries: That’s why I put the IIRC in there. Evidently IWRI instead.

(I read that comic for a while but gave up on it.)

(You’ve got a birthday coming up, on Wednesday, right? The big 74! Happy (early) birthday!)

13. Proginoskes Oct 29th 2012 at 02:35 am 13

@ John Small Berries: No, it’s Thursday! 11-01-38!

14. MollyJ Oct 29th 2012 at 07:29 am 14

I remember a rather illogical joke from way back when wherein a guy is caught one night by a cop in the middle of a pumpkin field (we hope it’s not the one occupied by Linus) f***king a pumpkin. The cop taps the guy on the shoulder and asks him what he thinks he’s doing. Guy does a witty double take and says, “My goodness! Is it midnight already?”

And yes, I’ve already considered that before midnight the pumpkin would have been a coach and not a princess, but that ruins the joke doesn’t it?

My point is, this is clearly not the first time someone has thought of pumpkin rape.

On a related side note, when my son was about 3 years old he pronounced “pumpkin” as “f***kin.” That was a fun Halloween.

15. Jeff S. Nov 4th 2012 at 09:42 pm 15

MollyJ, there is a Cinderella joke which applies to your joke…

The Fairy Godmother tells Cinderella that she has to be home before midnight, or her… hoo-haa will turn into a pumpkin. So at midnight, Cinderella isn’t home. She isn’t home at 2 AM, 4 AM, 6 AM… In fact, Cinderella didn’t come home until noon. The Fairy Godmother was very distressed. She asked Cinderella, “Wasn’t Prince Charming upset when your hoo-haa turned into a pumpkin?”

Cinderella replied, “I didn’t go to the ball with Prince Charming… I went with Peter, Peter, Pumpkin-Eater!”