Cidu Bill on Oct 24th 2012

nfl.gif
I mean seriously, you have to deal with the nature of your media: there are time-sensitive articles I’d love to include in the magazine I write for, but best-case-scenario there’s going to be a month’s gap between writing the article and the magazine containing it being published, so I can’t.

Filed in Bill Bickel, Close to Home, John McPherson, NFL, comic strips, comics, humor | 9 responses so far

9 Responses to “When Cartoonists Forget There’s a Three-Week Lag Between Drawing a Comic And Having It Appear”

1. mitch4 Oct 25th 2012 at 01:39 am 1

And how did they manage to get unanimity from the Supremes?

2. Kamino Neko Oct 25th 2012 at 05:23 am 2

Diana Ross put her foot down.

3. Rick Oct 25th 2012 at 06:49 am 3

In all fairness, who could predict when or if the lock-out would end? So it was a bit of a gamble. It certainly lasted a lot longer than anybody expected.

4. Dan W Oct 25th 2012 at 07:59 am 4

I suppose it’s not really current anymore, but still recent enough to be funny I think.

5. billytheskink Oct 25th 2012 at 09:12 am 5

Given the position of the goalposts, I initially wondered why the US Supreme Court was involved in the officiating of Canadian Football games… or NFL games prior to 1974 (or college football games prior to 1927, I guess).

6. Carolyn Oct 25th 2012 at 09:42 am 6

Forget or don’t care?

7. J-L Oct 25th 2012 at 11:34 am 7

Not all comics readers care if their sports comics are synchronized with the real world.

8. James Pollock Oct 25th 2012 at 08:03 pm 8

“Given the position of the goalposts,”
    Sure, since all the attention went to the fact that the officials were locked out. Nobody noticed that they were using replacement equipment managers, too.

9. Finishing last Oct 26th 2012 at 02:41 am 9

I agree with Rick. If it hadnt been for the awful game deciding call at the end of Seattle vs Green Bay MNF, we would likely still be watching replacement refs bumble around. By all accounts the negotiations were nowhere near finished until public outcry became so massive after that pivotal blown call that the league quickly brought back the true officials. I’m just happy when cartoonists have new material, even if it isn’t breaking news.