Sunday Funnies - LOL October 21, 2012

dating-pardon-lee.gif

shooting-rubes.jpg

Morris Keesan:

2012-10-18-1653.png

Elyrest:

feeding-elyrest.gif

Filed in Bill Bickel, Book of Biff, Comics That Made Us Laugh Out Loud, Cyanide and Happiness, Dave Blazek, Leigh Rubin, Loose Parts, Pardon My Planet, Rubes, Vic Lee, comic strips, comics, humor, lol, parkour, xkcd | 15 responses so far

15 Responses to “Sunday Funnies - LOL October 21, 2012”

1. Jeff S. Oct 21st 2012 at 12:11 am 1

Considering the blood from his chin, I believe he is just doing it for the pun.

2. Keera Oct 21st 2012 at 05:41 am 2

Feeding tube snake. LOL!

3. Rainey Oct 21st 2012 at 09:53 am 3

Gee, at first glance that appears to just be a six shooter the cowboy in the Rubes comic is holding but a six shooter couldn’t do a picture of a rose. At least without time consuming reloads.

4. David A. Rooney Oct 21st 2012 at 11:26 am 4

Rainey - but in old western movies, they NEVER run out of bullets or need to reload. And the hero always hits the target from impossible angles and never gets hit even when out in the open in front of a dozen sharp-shooters.

I like the Biff one best.

5. zookeeper Oct 21st 2012 at 01:45 pm 5

I dunno, I like Parkour. Maybe I haven’t been around enough to be down on that, like Mimes maybe?

6. Jeff S. Oct 21st 2012 at 07:56 pm 6

Reloading isn’t so time consuming any longer. They have quick-loads where all 6 bullets are loaded at once. Watch Top Shot sometime to see how fast these guys are nowadays.

7. J-L Oct 21st 2012 at 10:05 pm 7

I’ve helped someone feed his snake with a feeding tube before.

First you fill the tube with the food mash you use to feed the snake (to avoid squeezing a whole bunch of air into the snake). Then you push the feeding tube way down the snake until one end is in the snake’s stomach (this is not fun for neither you nor the snake). Then you take a syringe of a special food mash and squeeze it into the tube, taking care not to let the tube slip out of your fingers, or else the snake might swallow the whole tube.

When finished, you pull the whole tube out of the snake, taking care to grip the tube tightly. This is a little harder than it sounds, as the tube is usually slick with lubricant and food mash.

8. Dan W Oct 22nd 2012 at 08:27 am 8

@ Jeff S (1) - from what I’ve seen, that doesn’t necessarily mean anything. Much like skateboarding, it’s hard to tell the pros from the amateurs, as both are likely to be bleeding, scarred, and/or have broken bones.

9. Name (required) Oct 22nd 2012 at 08:41 am 9

I think J-L’s comment may be the most detail information on something I really didn’t want that much detailed information on.

Love the stalker one!

10. Bob Oct 22nd 2012 at 02:01 pm 10

@Name (required) - hopefully, you never have to hear about artificially imseminating a cow (as I was once subjected to).

11. James Pollock Oct 22nd 2012 at 08:03 pm 11

Or giving the snake a suppository.

Back in junior high school, we cut the tails off some lambs.

12. chemgal Oct 23rd 2012 at 11:25 am 12

I had to look up “parkour,” but the rest of this set was pretty close to literal LOL for me!

13. Kamino Neko Oct 23rd 2012 at 07:56 pm 13

Dude clearly digs parkour. Few will endure road rash for a simple pun, let alone LIKE it, as indicated by the XD face.

14. Meryl A Oct 24th 2012 at 01:56 am 14

Re shooting multiple times - when one shoots a flintlock, percussion lock (or earlier type guns) and has to load down the barrel each time, one can only shoot once and then has to reload. This continued until the latter part of the 1800’s (post US Civil War). Watch in movies as they fire multiple times. Reenactors find this very amusing.

15. Jeff S. Oct 24th 2012 at 07:10 pm 15

We still sell muzzle-loaders. I was told by a customer once that felons can only own black powder rifles. He had firsthand knowledge, so they are still somewhat popular today.