This Little Piggy Went to the Doctor

Cidu Bill on Oct 19th 2012

piggies.gif

Filed in Bill Bickel, Bizarro, CIDU, Dan Piraro, comic strips, comics, humor | 14 responses so far

14 Responses to “This Little Piggy Went to the Doctor”

1. PeterW Oct 19th 2012 at 02:03 am 1

He has a disorder of the toes and saw a doctor. The doctor had to inform him his condition was known as “little piggies”.

That’s the best I’ve got.

2. Arlo James Barnes Oct 19th 2012 at 02:58 am 2

One does not understand Bizarro, one just takes it all in and looks for the pie/eye/TNT/alien.

3. Jen Oct 19th 2012 at 08:17 am 3

Based, of course, on the rhyme that involves referring to each toe as a “little piggie” and recounting how it spent the day.

The idea of one’s toes being sentient pigs is disturbing enough to be a disease.

4. Kilby Oct 19th 2012 at 09:37 am 4

@ 2 - The eyeball is easy to spot, but I have no idea what the second Easter egg is supposed to be. I assume it’s the thing on the wall behind the doctor’s shoulder, but I cannot recognize what it is supposed to represent.

5. Frosted Donut Oct 19th 2012 at 09:46 am 5

@Kilby: It’s the upside-down bird to the doctor’s left, above the coffee pot.

6. J-L Oct 19th 2012 at 11:17 am 6

I can only think of two explanations at the moment:

1. Tom told the doctor he’s experiencing problems with his toes. The doctor realizes the source of the pain: Little Piggies Syndrome.

2. Tom told the doctor he’s experiencing problems with his toes. The doctor corrects Tom, saying that “little piggies” is the preferred medical term for “toes.”

Personally, I prefer the second explanation, even though I think it’s less likely to be the correct one.

7. Elyrest Oct 19th 2012 at 02:13 pm 7

I almost sent this one in myself. First I thought it was J-L’s 2nd explanation, but I settled on J-L’s 1st one as most likely being right. Little Piggy Syndrome.

8. Jeff S. Oct 19th 2012 at 07:22 pm 8

This little piggy went to market,
    This little piggy stayed at home,
    This little piggy had roast beef,
    This little piggy had none.
    And this little piggy went…
    “Wee wee wee” all the way home…

So based on the poem, at some point, two toes were missing (first piggy went to market and the last piggy went home from somewhere), the third toe ate some roast beef, and the fourth toe could possibly be growth stunted due to lack of proper diet. And, of course, the guy has a major tickle fetish.

9. chuckers Oct 19th 2012 at 07:48 pm 9

I don’t know if there is an actual joke in it but it gave me the giggles due to the absurdity of it.

Sometimes that is all you get.

10. Mark in Boston Oct 19th 2012 at 07:58 pm 10

And this little piggy went to the bar and and drank five pitchers of beer and went wee wee wee all the way home.

11. Bob in Nashville Oct 20th 2012 at 06:31 pm 11

Those piggies of his didn’t look so little to me, though. Almost fingers.

12. George P Oct 21st 2012 at 06:46 pm 12

Twenty years ago a Yale student wrote a letter to the New England Journal of Medicine proposing distinct latin names for each of the toes. I don’t think these names have been universally accepted, but I heard about them in the past few years, so they’ve got legs, so to speak.

13. DPWally Oct 22nd 2012 at 12:46 pm 13

I just noticed the “2″ above Piraro’s signature and there are 2 icons that I can see - eyeball and bird. Is that just my imagination? Or is he doing a Hirschfeld thing?

14. DPWally Oct 22nd 2012 at 12:50 pm 14

Ah, I should do research before asking.

Here’s the list of symbols

Piraro added symbols in 1995. He added the number of symbols next to his signature in 2008.