Something to brighten the day of unhappy Yankees fans

Cidu Bill on Oct 18th 2012

arod.jpg

Filed in Alex Rodriguez, Bill Bickel, Yankees, baseball, humor | 14 responses so far

14 Responses to “Something to brighten the day of unhappy Yankees fans”

1. Mark M Oct 18th 2012 at 06:03 pm 1

And speaking of sports metaphors…

By the way, does this need a geezer alert or do young people still use “getting to X base” as a barometer of how far they get with their date.

2. Elyrest Oct 18th 2012 at 06:53 pm 2

What bothers me about this picture is that “getting” is spelled wrong. geting. Not a hard word.

Also this poster must be at least a few years old because A-Rod’s fling with Madonna was in 2008.

3. MrKenneth Oct 18th 2012 at 07:08 pm 3

…7-1 in 7th and A-Rod already having PH, it is going to be a loooooooooooooooong time before he see a first base on the field again.

4. James Pollock Oct 18th 2012 at 08:14 pm 4

Elyrest, if “GETING” bothers you, I suggest staying away from “WWW.ICANHASCHEEZBURGER.COM”

5. Elyrest Oct 18th 2012 at 08:30 pm 5

James Pollock - But those are cats talking at “WWW.ICANHASCHEEZBURGER.COM” and I’m not surprised that they can’t spell. I’ve observed my cat using my keyboard and it ain’t pretty. On the other hand she knows some keyboard shortcuts that I haven’t figured out yet.

6. Mark in Boston Oct 18th 2012 at 10:15 pm 6

The local supermarkets are selling Boston Red Sox recyclable grocery bags.

They fold.

7. Jeff Lichtman Oct 19th 2012 at 12:40 am 7

I think that’s Cameron Diaz, not Madonna.

8. Dan W Oct 19th 2012 at 08:14 am 8

@Mark M (1) - No geezer tag needed; this is still common usage. Although there is considerable debate about what the various bases actually mean…

9. Woodrowfan Oct 19th 2012 at 03:57 pm 9

I remember in 7th or 8th grade asking an older boy what the different bases were. He sketched them out on a piece of notebook paper for me. I think he ended up with like 7 bases so I suspect he was unsure himself…

10. Cidu Bill Oct 19th 2012 at 06:27 pm 10

Some years ago, mostly because somebody told me I couldn’t do it, I came up with a set of steps using not bases in an infield, but properties on a Monopoly board: Mediterranean was a kiss on the cheek, and it progressed by stages to Boardwalk (which signified what you’d expect). The “special” spaces were covered as well: “Go directly to jail” was having sex with a minor, and Electric Company and Water Works… well, use your imagination.

11. James Pollock Oct 20th 2012 at 12:21 am 11

What did “do not pass go, do not collect $200″ mean?

12. Cidu Bill Oct 20th 2012 at 01:05 am 12

James, that’s part of the “Go directly to jail” command, so clearly it means you won’t be starting any new relationships at all for a while. By choice, anyway.

13. Mark in Boston Oct 20th 2012 at 10:00 pm 13

Those brave men who work in coal mines need love too.

Oh wait, you said “minOr”. Never mine.

14. James Pollock Oct 22nd 2012 at 08:07 pm 14

“5 o’clock in the mornin’, I’m up before the sun.
    When my workday is over, I’m too tired for havin’ fun.
    I’ve been a-workin’ in a coal mine, going down down down”