This month’s ”bad timing” award goes to…

Cidu Bill on Jul 13th 2012

cruise.gif

Filed in Adam at Home, Bill Bickel, Brian Basset, Katie Holmes, Tom Cruise, comic strips, comics, humor | 8 responses so far

8 Responses to “This month’s ”bad timing” award goes to…”

1. Soup Dragon Jul 13th 2012 at 08:48 am 1

I don’t read celeb news, so I don’t know much about timing, but why did he have to think so hard about this? Isn’t “Top Gun” actor more or less synonymous with Mr. Cruise?

2. Judge Mental Jul 13th 2012 at 09:00 am 2

Granted that it was pretty obvious clue, but I think the strip author wanted to make sure the *reader* got it right away also.

The bad timing comes from the fact that Katie (Holmes) split from Cruise recently, so the “small drip” is no longer “for Katie”. I would actually argue that it is “good timing” because it is fresh in more people’s minds that Katie Holmes was married to Cruise. In addition, Katie is currently more likely to agree with the opinion that Cruise is a “drip”.

3. John Small Berries Jul 13th 2012 at 10:23 am 3

Well, “Kilmer” is also six letters (as are “Hubley”, “Tolkan”, “Pasdar”, “Stroud”, “Hunter”, “Jordan”… and “Adrian”, if you want to go with first names).

4. James Schend Jul 13th 2012 at 10:36 am 4

His face in panel 3 is upsetting me.

5. Boise Ed Jul 13th 2012 at 03:13 pm 5

I agree with both Soup Dragon #1 and Judge Mental #2. It was good timing, especially for someone like me who does his best to ignore “celeb news.”

6. mitch4 Jul 13th 2012 at 04:08 pm 6

Tom who?

7. James Pollock Jul 13th 2012 at 09:06 pm 7

Even if it is a really obvious clue, there are still those times when you go “OK, I KNOW I know the answer to this, but just can’t seem to draw it out right now.” Obviously, Adam had one of those.

8. DemetriosX Jul 14th 2012 at 05:27 am 8

When I read this the other day, my first thought was along the same lines as John Small Berries @3. Kilmer also has 6 letter. But then I realized that Adam’s daughter is named Katy and yet the first thing he thinks of when he hears the name is celebrities? It was kind of a long way to go for a Tom Cruise joke (especially a Tome Cruise is short joke) and just doesn’t quite get to where it wants to go.