WordPress database error: [Table 'com0800608122374.wp_terms' doesn't exist]
SELECT t.*, tt.*, tr.object_id FROM wp_terms AS t INNER JOIN wp_term_taxonomy AS tt ON tt.term_id = t.term_id INNER JOIN wp_term_relationships AS tr ON tr.term_taxonomy_id = tt.term_taxonomy_id WHERE tt.taxonomy IN ('category', 'post_tag') AND tr.object_id IN (9594) ORDER BY t.name ASC

Comics I Don’t Understand » Sunday Funnies - LOL June 17

Sunday Funnies - LOL June 17

on Jun 17th 2012

sash.gif
Chak Olate: This was especially funny for me because I was reading it on a small screen where I had to scroll across.
cross.gif

Lola:
dd.gif
George P:
dorktower1078.gif

WordPress database error: [Table 'com0800608122374.wp_terms' doesn't exist]
SELECT t.*, tt.* FROM wp_terms AS t INNER JOIN wp_term_taxonomy AS tt ON tt.term_id = t.term_id INNER JOIN wp_term_relationships AS tr ON tr.term_taxonomy_id = tt.term_taxonomy_id WHERE tt.taxonomy IN ('post_tag') AND tr.object_id IN (9594) ORDER BY t.name ASC

Filed in

WordPress database error: [Table 'com0800608122374.wp_terms' doesn't exist]
SELECT t.*, tt.* FROM wp_terms AS t INNER JOIN wp_term_taxonomy AS tt ON tt.term_id = t.term_id INNER JOIN wp_term_relationships AS tr ON tr.term_taxonomy_id = tt.term_taxonomy_id WHERE tt.taxonomy IN ('category') AND tr.object_id IN (9594) ORDER BY t.name ASC

Uncategorized | 27 responses so far

27 Responses to “Sunday Funnies - LOL June 17”

1. Jeff S. Jun 16th 2012 at 08:50 pm 1

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

Sadly, I relate to the D&D one a little too well.

2. turquoisecow Jun 16th 2012 at 10:46 pm 2

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

That last one really did make me LOL.

3. Kilby Jun 17th 2012 at 12:29 am 3

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

The first one is a mystery to me. I’m not sure whether the pink sash is supposed to be associated with “breast cancer” or “gay”.

4. Jeff S. Jun 17th 2012 at 12:44 am 4

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

Kilby, Sashquatch could also be a participant of the Wild America Pageant.

5. Jeff S. Jun 17th 2012 at 12:46 am 5

of = in

6. George P Jun 17th 2012 at 01:06 am 6

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

It doesn’t matter why he (or she) is wearing the sash; the sash just makes him or her less intimidating.

7. mitch4 Jun 17th 2012 at 02:17 am 7

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

I also initially had trouble with the sashquatch one, but that was in part from not noticing thespelling and in part from getting the “scarier”relation reversed, I spent some time on the reasoning “Sasquatch is big foot, and ths even scarier brother of his is big blank??.” But after a while there was nothing terrifyingly big about any discoverable aspect of this one. &helpi; But when I put together the sash and the name, it was rewarding!

The SMBC didn’t seem to me one of his best. Maybe because I’m just stuck too literal — in what way is D&D a form of birth control? Well, by abstinence (albeit involuntary abstinence, by way of lack of opportunity). And that is perfectly acceptable to the church, no?

Thanks for introducing me to this “Dork Tower”. (If the visual weren’t so good-natured I might be worried that this was getting into “My kid can draw better than that!” territory.)

8. George P Jun 17th 2012 at 04:28 am 8

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

Dork Tower isn’t always that good, but there’s a lot of it to choose from. It’s usually about a couple of kids and an animal that play a lot of games.

9. Keera Jun 17th 2012 at 06:02 am 9

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

Oh, duh… SASHquatch. Right, got it. *giggle* Thanks, all, and especially mitch4 @7, who seems to be struggling with the same things I am. I, too, need the D&D explained.

10. John DiFool Jun 17th 2012 at 07:50 am 10

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

The “birth control” one confused me, since it isn’t actually birth control at all, but abstinence, which I thought the RCC had absolutely no issue with. Would seem to dovetail nicely with the “rhythm method”…

11. mitch4 Jun 17th 2012 at 08:42 am 11

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

Yeah, but instead of checking the calendar and thermometer, you roll some dodecahedral dice.

12. Lost in A**2 Jun 17th 2012 at 08:42 am 12

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

Right; D&D as birth control by lack of opportunity (by kindness, “abstinence”) is consistent with Church teaching. However, the popular perception of Church teaching is quite different. The joke works on that popular perception, not the reality.

13. chuckers Jun 17th 2012 at 09:18 am 13

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

It took Keera’s re-writing for me to get the SASHsquatch one. I read the comic and all the comments up to that one and my slight dyslexia still didn’t pick up on anything weird.

14. James Pollock Jun 17th 2012 at 09:28 am 14

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

Birth control by abstinence is when you voluntarily decline having sex with others. Birth control by D&D is when others decline having sex with you. These are not quite the same thing.

P.S. Like the rhythm method, it isn’t 100% effective. My ex-wife was the D&D player of our household.

15. Powers Jun 17th 2012 at 09:33 am 15

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

The church generally only supports abstinence outside of marriage. Within marriage, it’s not exactly favored.

16. Jeff S. Jun 17th 2012 at 10:17 am 16

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

Oddly enough, Dork Tower is casically a comic where they play RPGs like D&D, so could have been a synchronicity between Dork Tower and SMBC if DT was on its original topic.

As James Pollock said, this isn’t really abstinance… it’s refusal by the non-D&D player. Nothing scatters them faster than saying, “I’m a 50th level Paladin!”

17. Jeff S. Jun 17th 2012 at 10:19 am 17

Wow… I cannot type lately. casically = originally

18. Kilby Jun 17th 2012 at 10:44 am 18

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

Groan. I can’t believe I missed SASHquatch (@3). So close, and yet so far.

P.S. Coincidentally, the German word “Quatsch” means “nonsense”.

19. The Ploughman Jun 18th 2012 at 01:37 pm 19

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

So Sasquatch/Sashquatch are first names? I would have thought the brothers would share the surname Sasquatch. Why are people so familiar when addressing this elusive creature?

And sash or not, I don’t think I’d mess with the creature in the panel.

20. Cidu Bill Jun 18th 2012 at 04:40 pm 20

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

Ploughman, I always assumed “Quatch” was their last name.

21. Elyrest Jun 18th 2012 at 05:14 pm 21

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

Don’t mean to be picky Bill, but don’t you mean “Quatch” rather than “Quash”?

22. Cidu Bill Jun 18th 2012 at 05:33 pm 22

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

You’re right, Elyrest: I knew that didn’t look right.

23. George P Jun 18th 2012 at 06:06 pm 23

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

No fair! I can’t even delete mine!

24. Elyrest Jun 18th 2012 at 07:06 pm 24

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

“So now I’m going to edit my comment so nobody will know what you’re talking about.”

Bill - You are a cruel, cruel man! Do you play these kind of mind games with your kids? ;-)

25. Mark in Boston Jun 18th 2012 at 07:31 pm 25

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

I guess everyone has a sibling with almost the same name. The Lake Champlain equivalent of the Loch Ness Monster is named “Champ”, so he must have a brother named “Camp” who is very flamboyant. Nessie herself has a sister “Bessie” who is a Sea Cow. My brother Bark in Moston lives in another city and is somewhat canine.

26. Mark M Jun 18th 2012 at 08:01 pm 26

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

If he wanted to go less terrifying, he should had Bigfoot frolicking in a pool and named him Splashquatch.

27. Arthur Jun 18th 2012 at 09:35 pm 27