No Wray Do I Understand This One

Cidu Bill on May 11th 2012

togo.png

Filed in Bill Bickel, CIDU, King Kong, New Yorker, comics, humor | 12 responses so far

12 Responses to “No Wray Do I Understand This One”

1. Richard May 11th 2012 at 12:14 am 1

The idea is that in New York, they eat Chinese food in the little take out cartons. Somehow, Kong experienced Chinese take-out in New York, came back to Skull Island, and now wants his sacrifices in Chinese take-out cartons.

2. AMC May 11th 2012 at 12:18 am 2

Mighty Joe Egg Foo Young?

Kong Pao Chick?

3. James Pollock May 11th 2012 at 12:40 am 3

Or, following King Kong vs. Godzilla, he now likes Japanese food, coincidentally in the same fold-up cartons.

4. pepperjackcandy May 11th 2012 at 07:34 am 4

Richard has it.

Though, since King Kong didn’t survive his trip to New York, that definitely was not my first interpretation. My actual first thought was Taiwan.

5. chuckers May 11th 2012 at 08:41 am 5

[…] he now likes Japanese food, coincidentally in the same fold-up cartons.

Except in Japan….

6. The Ploughman May 11th 2012 at 12:21 pm 6

This would have worked better (if not well) without the caption. Like pepperjack pointed out, Kong didn’t survive New York (and visiting NYC doesn’t naturally equate to liking take-out Chinese boxes in my mind) and I can’t think of anything that would have happened on Skull Island to match this.

I was going to put something about “Moo Gorilla Gui Pan” but that seems woefully inadequate after AMC (2)’s post.

7. Elyrest May 11th 2012 at 12:47 pm 7

I think I’d like an order of Kong Pao Chick.

8. Mark in Boston May 11th 2012 at 04:07 pm 8

Ah, that’s it! Manhattan is “that other island”. I don’t think of Manhattan as an island (for one thing, when you are on a REAL island, if it rains the boat won’t run and you can’t get off for three days), but it is one.

9. Lost in A**2 May 11th 2012 at 07:53 pm 9

Twice now I’ve been reminded of Bast from “Bell, Book and Murder”: she makes a comment about Chinese being “New Yorkers’ native diet.”

10. mark d May 12th 2012 at 02:54 pm 10

Human sacrifrice.

11. Meryl A May 15th 2012 at 02:12 am 11

Mark in Boston,

Not only is Manhattan an island, but 3 of the other 4 boroughs are on islands - only the Bronx is on the mainland. And going from one island to another costs a fortune.

12. George P. May 15th 2012 at 05:53 am 12

I can’t imagine visiting Manhattan and not knowing it is an island, since everybody there (unless born there) had to cross a long bridge or go through a long tunnel to get there.

Queens and Brooklyn you can fly to, and they are on the same huge island, so they don’t feel the same.