Adam wears a fez. Fezes are cool.

Cidu Bill on Aug 25th 2011

fez.png

This all made perfect sense to me until the final panel.

Filed in Adam at Home, Bill Bickel, Brian Basset, CIDU, comic strips, comics, humor | 11 responses so far

11 Responses to “Adam wears a fez. Fezes are cool.”

1. Skaloop Aug 25th 2011 at 02:36 am 1

They’re lucky he wouldn’t make it in Hollywood, because if he did, boy, would those Hollywood folks be in trouble.

2. Kilby Aug 25th 2011 at 04:51 am 2

Maybe Skaloop has it (@1), but the first thing that came to me was that “small minds don’t have to worry about anything (because they can’t think)”.

3. Bill A Aug 25th 2011 at 08:15 am 3

“Fezes are cool.” - You had me with the Doctor Who reference…

4. mitch4 Aug 25th 2011 at 08:39 am 4

Do we know why he likes fezzes?
    — Ethnic background?
    — Lodge mystery secrets?
    — Purely a fashion choice?

5. Elyrest Aug 25th 2011 at 10:43 am 5

I think Adam wears a fez as a fashion, or should I say fashion-less, choice. Adam marches to his own drummer and would never wear or not wear something because others might disapprove. This plays also into why if he was in Hollywood he would be so powerful. The small minds in Hollywood wouldn’t be able to withstand the mightiness that is Adam. He would overwhelm them all.

6. Dan R Aug 25th 2011 at 11:52 am 6

Haven’t all of us thought about how we would shake up [Hollywood/Washington/wherever—you supply the place] if we were in charge? They’re just lucky I can’t/won’t be in a position to do all the things I’d like to do!

I realized after writing the above that “shake up Washington” has taken on a new meaning, but I’ll leave it, because you all know the figurative sense in which I intended it.

7. Chyron HR Aug 25th 2011 at 07:58 pm 7

He just doesn’t want to do it without the fez on.

8. turquoisecow Aug 25th 2011 at 08:21 pm 8

If he was in Hollywood, he would make fez waring a trend.

9. Wonders Aug 25th 2011 at 08:52 pm 9

I think the joke is that he envies small-minded people for being able to have such illustrious jobs in entertainment. Wait, did I call it a joke? I meant “joke”.

10. Mark in Boston Aug 25th 2011 at 09:29 pm 10

I seem to remember Major Hoople wearing a fez, inside the house, in Our Boarding House.

11. Lyle George Aug 26th 2011 at 12:29 pm 11

Made me think of my new favorite web site.