Bonus LOL

Cidu Bill on Jun 26th 2011

Lola:

2011-06-24-lethal-weapon.png
Something I’ve been meaning to mention for a while: If you aren’t reading Bug on a daily basis, you should be: it’s a quirky strip, along the lines of XKCD or Abstruse Goose, and almost always clever and amusing.

No strip is for everybody’s taste, of course, but you should give this a shot for a week and see what you think -Bill

Filed in Bill Bickel, Bug Martini, Comics That Made Us Laugh Out Loud, comic strips, comics, humor, lol | 13 responses so far

13 Responses to “Bonus LOL”

1. Rumplestiltskin Jun 26th 2011 at 06:33 pm 1

Meh

2. turquoisecow Jun 26th 2011 at 09:19 pm 2

Never heard of it before, but this example made me giggle. :D

3. pepperjackcandy Jun 27th 2011 at 12:32 am 3

So where do I find Bug?

4. pepperjackcandy Jun 27th 2011 at 12:40 am 4

Oh, wait. Never mind. I found it.

5. Proginoskes Jun 27th 2011 at 01:57 am 5

Good for you. 8-)

I read a few of the old ones. In the smaller comic for June 20th, it looks like the sign in the first panel says “No Swimming”.

6. Kilby Jun 27th 2011 at 04:30 am 6

@ pepperjackcandy (3) - I overlooked the address at first, too. Glad I found it, the comics are quite good.

P.S. Has anyone else noticed any speed problems? The website seems to load some pages very slowly. Perhaps “Bug” just doesn’t get requested (and therefore cached) enough on this side of the Atlantic, or maybe Bill’s kind tip has lead to a flood of CIDUer requests, swamping the server’s bandwidth.

7. Kilby Jun 27th 2011 at 04:36 am 7

smaller comic for June 20th … sign in the first panel says “No Swimming”

What “smaller” comic? The strip that I saw was clearly legible (and reads “No sinning”). Or did you forget to add a second smiley? ;-)

8. amo Jun 27th 2011 at 09:15 am 8

@Kilby If you just click on the calendar the version of the comic that pops up is smaller for some reason. You have to then click on the actual comic to view it larger.

and

@Bill Thanks for the recommendation. I read through the last month and loved them. Maybe it shows my maturity level but I laughed out loud at the ninja fart one…

9. Kilby Jun 27th 2011 at 06:32 pm 9

Thanks, Amo (@8) - I had been cruising backward using “previous”, and had not touched the calendar.

I also solved the speed problem: viewing www.bugcomic.com using Firefox (and AdBlock Plus) eliminated the (animated) banner ad at the top of the page, which seems to be the reason that many of the pages took eons (well, dozens of seconds) to load. Part of the problem may have been that the (US-based) website was fetching German-language advertisements to show to me, so the ad material had to cross the Atlantic twice before it got here.

10. turquoisecow Jun 27th 2011 at 06:54 pm 10

Okay, thanks, now I’ve spent several hours reading the archives. This is pretty awesome. :)

11. Kilby Nov 10th 2012 at 07:56 pm 11

Anyone have any information about what has happened to Abstruse Goose? The website has been stalled on the same comic for weeks (nothing’s dated, so it’s impossible to say how long it has been since there was an update).

It’s always sad when a formerly excellent webcomic fades away (I wish I had discovered Perry Bible Fellowship before it (virtually) ceased updates).

12. Elyrest Nov 10th 2012 at 11:19 pm 12

Kilby I’ve been wondering the same thing about Abstruse Goose. It’s been over a month at least and might be as long as 6-8 weeks since it updated. I had it on my M-W-F list and I move it to the “old comic” list. I always liked it too.

13. Arthur Nov 10th 2012 at 11:51 pm 13

I went so far as to e-mail the cartoonist of Abstruse Goose about 5 days ago. No reply.