The Power of Cheez

Cidu Bill on Feb 15th 2011

cheez.png

Filed in Bill Bickel, CIDU, Lio, Mark Tatulli, comic strips, comics, humor | 13 responses so far

13 Responses to “The Power of Cheez”

1. Elyrest Feb 15th 2011 at 12:09 am 1

My thought when I saw this on Sunday was that all the characters and their accoutrements were cheezy. It should have said Cheezy Balls, but I think that is the joke.

2. James Pollock Feb 15th 2011 at 12:17 am 2

I’m pretty sure the answer is in here, somewhere…

3. Elyrest Feb 15th 2011 at 12:22 am 3

James P - At least I didn’t squirm after reading that definition on the Urban Dictionary. It fits. I still say they are all cheezy though.

4. yellojkt Feb 15th 2011 at 05:38 am 4

More like dirtballs.

5. Morris Keesan Feb 15th 2011 at 10:46 am 5

Any other Flecktones fans here? They recorded a piece called “Cheeseballs in Cowtown”.

6. Elyrest Feb 15th 2011 at 11:12 am 6

I just realized, reading my first comment, that cheezy balls sounds disgusting. I’m sorry I put that image in my own head let alone anyone else. I apologize.

7. MellowCake Feb 15th 2011 at 01:19 pm 7

Help me understand the Cheez Balls:

From left to right:
    1) I Googled “The Shirt Before the Shirt” and see it’s from “Jersey Shore” (my first exposure to this…). Is the Cheez Ball supposed to be a character from “Jersey Shore” or a fan of the series?
    2) Some “Sopranos” type of guy?
    3) Cowboy? Fake cowboy? Weirdo who tucks his pants into his boots?
    4) Generic sports fan - or a specific reference?

Many thanks.

8. Cuddles Feb 15th 2011 at 02:54 pm 8

I think it’s because they’re all so cultured.

9. Jen Feb 15th 2011 at 08:03 pm 9

“Cheeseball” is slang for a cheezy person. Like, old person slang. No one here knows any slangy old people?

10. Jennifer Feb 15th 2011 at 08:15 pm 10

Nominate for Sunday’s Comics That Made Me LOL! Too funny!

11. Molly J Feb 16th 2011 at 09:11 am 11

They just look like they’re representing a bunch of tacky stereotypes to me — Jersey Boy, Lounge Lizard, Cowboy, Sports-Fan-With-Hat-That-Holds-Beer. None of them are very clever or original. Perhaps that’s what the artist meant by “cheeseball?”

12. Mark Feb 16th 2011 at 09:07 pm 12

“Not clever”? The cheezy sports fan is dressed in Buffalo Bills regalia, and features the jersey number “04″. The clever part is the Bills went to 4 consecutive Super bowls…and lost all 4. “Oh-for-four” THAT’S clever.

13. El Cucui Feb 21st 2011 at 12:30 am 13

Anybody else notice that Lio opened the bottom of the bag?