Speaking of Lightbulbs…

Cidu Bill on Dec 23rd 2010

Odd bit of personal synchronicity here…

lightbulbs.png

Filed in Bill Bickel, CIDU, Cyanide and Happiness, comic strips, comics, humor | 11 responses so far

11 Responses to “Speaking of Lightbulbs…”

1. Singapore Bill Dec 23rd 2010 at 12:30 am 1

They have a lot of work today, but then they had an idea. This was fortunate, since they used the lightbulbs generated by the idea as crack pipes. The “joke” is that an object of the comic meta-world can be subverted to this “edgy” end.

2. G Dec 23rd 2010 at 09:28 am 2

It’s crystal meth, not crack. They’re smoking meth so they can get all that stuff done.

3. Folly Dec 23rd 2010 at 11:34 am 3

When I read this comic quickly the other day, I had just assumed they created some bongs. But now looking closer, I guess they are smoking crack. Or freebasing something anyway. Yikes!

4. Elyrest Dec 23rd 2010 at 11:42 am 4

How can you tell that they are smoking crack and not some other substance? It’s really hard to tell from the comic what they are doing, but all I can really see are a lighter and smoke. Are lightbulbs commonly used for crack?

5. Detcord Dec 23rd 2010 at 01:22 pm 5

Due to ignorance, I would never have come to the conclusion posited here, though the last panel - now that it’s been explained - has helped me to …. see the light? (sorry!)

Assuming this is the case, then the strapline above the comic - which I presume was placed there by our currently absent host - would seem to imply that Bill has arrived at the same conclusion as C&H - which doesn’t seem likely to me. So, a strapline I don’t understand… (I hope).

6. Keera Dec 23rd 2010 at 03:12 pm 6

Detcord, Bill’s strapline is referring to the previous post on this blog - the one about the disappearance of incandescent light bulbs as icons for ideas.

7. Molly J Dec 23rd 2010 at 05:42 pm 7

Who knew?

Gives a whole new meaning to Gru from Despicable Me saying, “Lightbulb.”

8. George P Dec 24th 2010 at 12:02 am 8

He’s holding the lighter to the bottom of the bulb. If it was a bong, he’d be holding it to the bowl, which would be on top.

At first read I missed that they were using the light bulbs as pipes. I just thought their great idea to deal with all this stress was to get high, which reminded me of college. The way people told me it was for other folks, I mean.

9. NitricAcid Dec 24th 2010 at 02:30 pm 9

And here I thought they were inhaling mercury from the CFL bulbs.

10. pepperjackcandy (who works in the toy department of a Wal-Mart) Dec 25th 2010 at 03:29 am 10

At first glance, I thought they were disappearing. Because invisibility and/or disintegration would solve both problems at once.

11. Lizz Jan 27th 2013 at 01:35 pm 11

It’s crystal meth. Meth addicts often use lightbulbs to smoke it; the meth melts in the “bowl” and they suck through the other end. Crack doesn’t melt the same and so it isn’t smoked in this way. The joke is that they’re smoking meth to stay up all night and get everything done. I love this comic. Hilarious :D