WordPress database error: [Table 'com0800608122374.wp_terms' doesn't exist]
SELECT t.*, tt.*, tr.object_id FROM wp_terms AS t INNER JOIN wp_term_taxonomy AS tt ON tt.term_id = t.term_id INNER JOIN wp_term_relationships AS tr ON tr.term_taxonomy_id = tt.term_taxonomy_id WHERE tt.taxonomy IN ('category', 'post_tag') AND tr.object_id IN (4678) ORDER BY t.name ASC

Comics I Don’t Understand » Sunday Funnies: LOL-February 28

Sunday Funnies: LOL-February 28

on Feb 28th 2010

br1.gifbr2.gif
droppings.gifliars.pngexit.pngvegred.png
seesomething.png

Sal Biondo:

airguitar.png

Lola:

gps.png

WordPress database error: [Table 'com0800608122374.wp_terms' doesn't exist]
SELECT t.*, tt.* FROM wp_terms AS t INNER JOIN wp_term_taxonomy AS tt ON tt.term_id = t.term_id INNER JOIN wp_term_relationships AS tr ON tr.term_taxonomy_id = tt.term_taxonomy_id WHERE tt.taxonomy IN ('post_tag') AND tr.object_id IN (4678) ORDER BY t.name ASC

Filed in

WordPress database error: [Table 'com0800608122374.wp_terms' doesn't exist]
SELECT t.*, tt.* FROM wp_terms AS t INNER JOIN wp_term_taxonomy AS tt ON tt.term_id = t.term_id INNER JOIN wp_term_relationships AS tr ON tr.term_taxonomy_id = tt.term_taxonomy_id WHERE tt.taxonomy IN ('category') AND tr.object_id IN (4678) ORDER BY t.name ASC

Uncategorized | 22 responses so far

22 Responses to “Sunday Funnies: LOL-February 28”

1. furrykef Feb 28th 2010 at 02:36 am 1

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

Holy crap, that Batman one was hilarious. And then I read the extra panel… *rofl*

(Should I have said “Holy crap, Batman!”?)

The Duplex one is a rather tired joke, though. It’s pretty much the “global warming” gag of video games.

2. Pirk Feb 28th 2010 at 04:19 am 2

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

could someone explain the one with the bull?

3. chuckers Feb 28th 2010 at 04:22 am 3

Good batch this week!

4. chuckers Feb 28th 2010 at 04:34 am 4

@Pirk

I think it is a take off on a public service announcement where if you see some crime or something wrong on the subway, speaking up, rather than let someone get gored.

5. Keera Feb 28th 2010 at 05:34 am 5

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

The last one about GPSes isn’t a joke; it’s the sad truth. I live in a country with some of the worst roads in Europe (for various reasons) and foreign truckers are constantly getting stuck on some backwood single lane road with hairpin turns because the GPS says it’s the shorter route.

@Pirk, there’s the psychological phenomenon where personal responsibility is pulverized in a crowd; everybody expects somebody else to speak up - and, according to the joke, to the point that not even a bull lose in the subway would get a sound out of anyone.

6. Keera Feb 28th 2010 at 05:36 am 6

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

Loose. Sheesh. I’m friing my prewfreeder.

7. Czhorat Feb 28th 2010 at 06:14 am 7

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

“If you see something, say something” is an official public slogan in the New York City mass-transit system, mainly focused on combatting terrorism through anonymous citizen complaints. This must be the downtown 1 train heading through the financial district, as people are witnessing a poor soul with a short position being gored by an unexpected bull-market.

8. Keera Feb 28th 2010 at 07:27 am 8

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

So the something we’re expected to say is, “Geez, that gotta hurt!”? Works for me.

9. David A. Rooney Feb 28th 2010 at 08:26 am 9

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

“4,286 Robins” - How does a grown man find so many impressionable young boys who will dress up in colorful clothes and engage in risky behavior - wait, is Bruce Wayne recruiting from Catholic schools? Is that why Robin is always saying “Holy (blank), Batman”?

10. David A. Rooney Feb 28th 2010 at 09:35 am 10

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

and Vegetarian Rednecks got an actual chuckle. I can just hear Jeff Foxworthy in my head - “If you keep a shovel and rake in the gunrack of yer pick-up truck . . .”

11. mkilby Feb 28th 2010 at 10:04 am 11

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

I’m with Pirk (2) on the bull goring, it’s at best a CIDU, but really just an unfunny Eewww.

@ Keera (5) - According to a report in the German news about a week ago, a Japanese tourist followed his GPS onto a cross-country ski trail. It might have been a driveable road in summer, but GPS doesn’t do “seasons”.

12. Morris Keesan Feb 28th 2010 at 10:34 am 12

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

… and I’ve seen lots of “off-beat news” stories about people obeying the GPS voices in their heads, and driving off of piers into the water, around “road closed” signs onto unsafe bridges, etc. Off a cliff is only a small exaggeration, if any.

13. Seth Finkelstein Feb 28th 2010 at 10:41 am 13

Classic .sig:

“Hi, I’m Robin. That’s my buddy Batman hiding in the shadows in his dark cape. Me, I prefer flashier colors. I’m acting as bait so that the bad guys will come out; then Batman and I will take them in. By the way, I’m the third or fourth Robin… he never told me what happened to the others…”
    (sound of gunfire)
    Batman: “He was a good soldier. He honored me.”
    –Paul A. Estin et al.

14. Lola Feb 28th 2010 at 10:46 am 14

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

I live in Philadelphia and only ever encountered those PSA’s in NYC so I figured it was peculiar to them because of 9/11. However, I was recently in Hawaii and they have them EVERYWHERE. Announcements on the bus; announcements at the airport; posters in hotels and stores; and, I kids you not, it seems to be the official sign off for the news programs (I didn’t listen to every program to the end, but the ones I did had it). I was wondering if Hawaii was especially prone to terrorist attacks, but then I remembered that day that lives in infamy, so maybe their paranoia is justified. Even so, that’s a long time to be on high alert, so it must be something else. Any Hawaiians out there that can enlighten me?

15. turquoise cow Feb 28th 2010 at 11:21 am 15

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

@Keera You know, come to think of it, they never did specify WHAT we’re supposed to say when we see something….

16. Dan Feb 28th 2010 at 12:43 pm 16

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

DC has a similar PSA: “See it, say it.” Which invariably reminds me of “Say it, don’t spray it.”

17. Dave in Boston Feb 28th 2010 at 11:43 pm 17

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

Batman’s real identity is at last revealed! He’s a Druuge starship captain…

18. Frank the curmudgeon Mar 1st 2010 at 01:07 am 18

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

@Pirk It’s really another Global Warning / Gore joke.

19. Bill Clay Mar 1st 2010 at 10:55 am 19

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

The middle Batman panel doesn’t make sense to me. Sure, Batman can eat Robin and maybe live another week or so, but he’ll still need to find a way out. At least in the other two panels sacrificing Robin make sense.

20. Jeff S. Mar 1st 2010 at 12:03 pm 20

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

The energy gained from eating Robin was enough to make him last until he found a way out.

21. Victor M. Mar 1st 2010 at 02:49 pm 21

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

It should have been, “Blast! We’ll starve to death before the time-lock on this vault opens.”

22. Jeff S. Mar 1st 2010 at 04:23 pm 22

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

Lio is becoming one of my favorites. So different from all the old stale strips.