Saturday Morning Ewww

Mark Mintz:

stains.png

Janice:

thermometer.png

Nicole:

chair.png

Filed in Big Nate, Bill Bickel, Ewww, Pickles, comic strips, comics, humor | 11 responses so far

11 Responses to “Saturday Morning Ewww”

1. James Schend Feb 27th 2010 at 02:12 am 1

Dysentery gag is from Red Dwarf.

2. chuckers Feb 27th 2010 at 04:14 am 2

I had to read the first panel of the Dysentery gag about 3 times before I “figured” out he wasn’t talking about fruits. Been away from gaming geeks too long. (Is that a good thing?)

3. Tullia Feb 27th 2010 at 04:47 am 3

I didn’t find the first or the third an “ewww,” just the second. I think it’s because the chair in the third is probably not muckily and stickily filthy, the dysentery in the first is tiny, painted, and imitation, but the second features old-man foot detritus caked up on a candy thermometer.

4. Chuck Feb 27th 2010 at 05:14 am 4

Third one is not so much an ew as it is kind of creepy.

5. Adam Feb 27th 2010 at 10:37 am 5

The first one was a little… jarring, because the first panel is pretty vernacular, but the second uses the kind of formal “should they not…” construction. That’s my nitpick of the week!

6. paperboy Feb 27th 2010 at 01:50 pm 6

Do “they” really call figures “figs”? Oh,man…
    I don’t think the third one is an “Eww”; I mean, unless you carry around a personal chair, you’re going to sit where someone else sat. (that’s why we wear clothes) And since the characters are so young there’s no “creepy” factor, either.

7. Mary in Ohio Feb 27th 2010 at 04:05 pm 7

If you were one of the girls who actually went to school with Nate, you would be pretty “ewwwed” out.

8. Morris Keesan Feb 27th 2010 at 05:59 pm 8

Big Nate is not an eeww. It’s an eeww for Carolyn, but that’s just a comment on boy-girl relations.

9. Chuck Feb 27th 2010 at 08:05 pm 9

Him sitting in the chair is not creepy. Him rubbing his butt so lovingly against it IS.

10. Robert Feb 27th 2010 at 08:43 pm 10

I am grateful my son has not (quite) yet gotten to that stage of boy-girl relations.
    Somehow, I feel sure that we’ll know when he has.

As for the first - that’s carrying historical verisimilitude a hair TOO far.

11. Jeff S. Mar 2nd 2010 at 11:16 pm 11

paperboy @6… Yes, they are figs.
    [Geek Comment] I used to play a miniatures game called Heroclix. The figs were of comicbook heroes and villains. As hard as we tried, ‘figs’ was the name that stuck, and it sounds so pathetically uncool. Of course, gaming miniatures doesn’t sound a whole helluva lot better. [/Geek Comment]