Sunday Funnies: LOL-February 21

Cidu Bill on Feb 21st 2010

mugging.gifthings.png
pp.pngrisk.pngclownindesert.JPG

David Wallace:
sock.gif

Filed in Arlo and Janis, Basketcase Comix, Bill Bickel, Bizarro, Dan Piraro, Dogs, Jimmy Johnson, Lio, Mark Parisi, Mark Tatulli, New Yorker, Off the Mark, clowns, comic strips, comics, comics that made us laugh out loud, humor, lol | 17 responses so far

17 Responses to “Sunday Funnies: LOL-February 21”

1. Marshal Feb 21st 2010 at 12:54 am 1

How old is that Arlo and Janis.

I’m glad Piraro left the dynamite out of this comic it would have
    just messed up the joke.

2. George P Feb 21st 2010 at 01:05 am 2

I think the second one would have been funnier as “I have to pick up a couple of things”, but it was still funny.

3. mitch4 Feb 21st 2010 at 02:02 am 3

These are all really funny! Good job, gang!

Probably the Planned Parenthood is my fave among these just going by the joke content.

The A&J is clearly pretty old. But it was posted by Jimmy Johnson on his oldies and commentary blogsite http://arloandjanis.com/ within the last week or so.

4. mkilby Feb 21st 2010 at 04:10 am 4

“I have to pick up a couple of things”

I was going to suggest “… a few of my favorite Things”, but George P’s wording (#2) is more natural than the lyrics quote.

5. Keera Feb 21st 2010 at 11:25 am 5

What Mitch4 said.

6. Jay Feb 21st 2010 at 11:59 am 6

What Keera said.

7. PaulG Feb 21st 2010 at 02:25 pm 7

I don’t get the planned parenthood joke.

8. Lola Feb 21st 2010 at 03:40 pm 8

accidental pregnancy

sorry to tell you this dear oldest child, but “you were an accident.”

9. Mrkenneth Feb 21st 2010 at 04:32 pm 9

Someone find the keith Knight strip for today and post. I think he is trying to outdo Pastis!

10. Rumpelstiltskin Feb 21st 2010 at 06:51 pm 10

I thought Get Fuzzy was trying to outdo Pastis of late …

11. MrKenneth Feb 21st 2010 at 10:11 pm 11

@Rump - you are right. I am traveling without the paper and thought it was Knight. My guess is that these guys egg each other on and probably wait to see if it will end up here.

Here it is. Last week’s was similar. Love it!!!

12. Pinny Feb 22nd 2010 at 01:04 am 12

Re” #4 Mikilby.

…that and the fact that couple = 2 while few = 3 (The are only 2 Things [Think 1 & Thing 2] in the 2nd panel.)

13. mkilby Feb 22nd 2010 at 04:01 am 13

Let’s not get into bean (or Thing) counting. ;-)

14. The Bad Seed Feb 22nd 2010 at 09:45 am 14

Lola - Amongst families I know, the “accidents” are usually the last child, not the first. And since I’m the youngest in my family by 8 years, I was asked once if I was an accident, but I was actually the sole offspring of my father’s second marriage.

By the way, one of my friends who was a perimenopausal “accident” was always told by her parents that she was a “surprise”, which I always thought was sweet!

15. mkilby Feb 22nd 2010 at 11:43 am 15

In German, the word “Verkehr” means both “traffic” and (sexual) “intercourse”. I used to think that the joke about non-planned offspring being the result of a “traffic accident” was just a comedian’s pun, but I have heard “Verkehrsunfall” used as a private family quip at least twice.

16. ljdarten Feb 25th 2010 at 11:19 am 16

Mkilby: My brother always says hesitation causes accidents, which is true in both traffic and intercourse.

17. Todd Mar 1st 2010 at 05:15 am 17

For those who have issue with the “few” in Lio, pretend there’s a fourth panel that includes Ben Grimm. (And if someone asks “how’s Lio going to pick up Ben Grimm”, I’ll answer “it’s clobbering time!”)