WordPress database error: [Table 'com0800608122374.wp_terms' doesn't exist]
SELECT t.*, tt.*, tr.object_id FROM wp_terms AS t INNER JOIN wp_term_taxonomy AS tt ON tt.term_id = t.term_id INNER JOIN wp_term_relationships AS tr ON tr.term_taxonomy_id = tt.term_taxonomy_id WHERE tt.taxonomy IN ('category', 'post_tag') AND tr.object_id IN (5135) ORDER BY t.name ASC

Comics I Don’t Understand » Laptop Backpack

Laptop Backpack

on Feb 19th 2010

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

Can anybody recommend a well-padded laptop backpack big enough for a laptop with a 17.3 inch screen?

How well-padded? “Teenager with an expensive laptop” padded.

Thanks.

WordPress database error: [Table 'com0800608122374.wp_terms' doesn't exist]
SELECT t.*, tt.* FROM wp_terms AS t INNER JOIN wp_term_taxonomy AS tt ON tt.term_id = t.term_id INNER JOIN wp_term_relationships AS tr ON tr.term_taxonomy_id = tt.term_taxonomy_id WHERE tt.taxonomy IN ('post_tag') AND tr.object_id IN (5135) ORDER BY t.name ASC

Filed in

WordPress database error: [Table 'com0800608122374.wp_terms' doesn't exist]
SELECT t.*, tt.* FROM wp_terms AS t INNER JOIN wp_term_taxonomy AS tt ON tt.term_id = t.term_id INNER JOIN wp_term_relationships AS tr ON tr.term_taxonomy_id = tt.term_taxonomy_id WHERE tt.taxonomy IN ('category') AND tr.object_id IN (5135) ORDER BY t.name ASC

Uncategorized | 14 responses so far

14 Responses to “Laptop Backpack”

1. A Reader Feb 19th 2010 at 08:46 am 1

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

Don’t know about the sizing, but LL Bean makes several backpacks and messenger bags that are well padded and well made. My daughter has one of the messenger bag type and I was generally pleased with the padding and the overall construction.

Good luck!

2. MellowCake Feb 19th 2010 at 09:07 am 2

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

You might take a look at this company’s backpacks:

3. Pirk Feb 19th 2010 at 09:25 am 3

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

one thing I wish I’d thought about before buying my laptop case is roominess. I don’t want to have to carry a laptop case and a bookbag so it’d be nice if there were more room in my laptop case for books and other stuff. Often times I leave my laptop at home just ’cause I have a full bag already.

4. goozbach Feb 19th 2010 at 10:17 am 4

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

I’d suggest a Targus backpack. I love mine. It’s been with me for over 5 years, well over 100k miles of airline travel (stuffed under the seat in front of all 6′ 5″ of me). And it fits my 15″ laptop with inches to spare.

It’s very well made. The only blemish I see is a small rip near a zipper (but after 5 years, that’s nothing)

5. Eric Feb 19th 2010 at 12:01 pm 5

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

Yep. Targus is the best. Extra padded and well made.

6. Spiritcatcher Feb 19th 2010 at 12:23 pm 6

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

i’ve been using a DJ’s LP bag for years. roomy, padded, extra compartments, can be worn as backpack or satchel … never had a single LP in it, though.

7. Rasheed Feb 19th 2010 at 12:59 pm 7

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

Targus is the yardstick to compare against. As far as sizings, I don’t carry my laptop in a backpack, but my 17″ fits pretty well in a 15.6″ Targus bag without adding compression stress. Will he plan on carrying other things in the backpack besides the laptop? I still don’t recommend carrying books and the laptop in the same bag, but don’t think they’d really damage each other; I’m more concerned about spinal damage. It really depends on how much you want to spend on a backpack and not just get an el cheape netbook to carry around instead.

8. Cidu Bill Feb 20th 2010 at 12:58 am 8

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

And a Targus backpack it is. I had to send away for one, because nobody carries the large size locally — but they did have a Targus 17″ laptop case at the local staples, and I tested it out and the 17.3″ laptop fits into it, so I’m assuming it will fit in the 17″ backpack as well.

Thank you everybody for your input.

9. chuckers Feb 20th 2010 at 04:16 am 9

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

I am still wondering why anyone would want a 17″ laptop. They are only marginally portable. If you need something that big, wouldn’t a desktop be more appropriate?

10. Briian S Feb 20th 2010 at 06:47 am 10

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

I have used the same Timbuk2 messinger bag for two generations of 17″ Mac BookPro’s.
    You can design your own bag so far as colors.
    With the shoulder strap you can carry quite a load in the bag comfortably.
    Had several Targus bags over the years and hated them all.
    The Targus bags all seem to say “Steal me first. Laptop inside”
    The Timbuk2 bag just looks like a bag.

11. Carl Feb 20th 2010 at 10:02 am 11

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

I’m kind of with chuckers. I had a 15″ laptop and found it too big and awkward to be really portable–too much to carry around at conferences, for instance. I’m much happier with my netbook.

On the other hand, my buddy the engineer actually does CAD on his laptop, so the big screen is essential.

12. Nate Feb 21st 2010 at 10:05 pm 12

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

High Sierra has some nice laptop bags.

I will admit a bias; I work for them.
    But the bags are good and have a lifetime warranty. I know that the owner of the company uses them for all his travel needs.

13. Morris Keesan Feb 22nd 2010 at 09:31 am 13

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

chuckers #9: My laptop has a 17″ screen, because it’s the largest I could find, and it’s my only computer. It’s sufficiently portable for my needs — I can put it on the kitchen table, which is where I use it most, and it’s easy to take places in the car). We have no place in the house where we could put a desktop machine that could be conveniently used by everyone in the family, including allowing me to read CIDU while I eat breakfast.

14. Steffen Feb 25th 2010 at 06:12 pm 14

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

That is a big backpack. In my experience you’re not finding one that big - I can barely fit a 15.6″ in the biggest I’ve found. You’d need a laptop bag.