Ewwwchronicity

Cidu Bill on Jun 13th 2009

Today’s Ewww File and its synchronicity partner were both sent in by John in Tronna:

285041.gif
liopffft.gif

Filed in Bill Bickel, Ewww, Lio, Mark Tatulli, comic strips, comics, humor, synchronicity | 12 responses so far

12 Responses to “Ewwwchronicity”

1. WordSprite Jun 13th 2009 at 12:40 pm 1

Just like my house! More an “LOL” than an “ewww” for me.

2. Carl Jun 13th 2009 at 01:05 pm 2

Shouldn’t a synchronicity blog have two or more comics, not just one?

3. Chakolate Jun 13th 2009 at 01:12 pm 3

Did you leave out the Lio strip that synchronizes with this one? http://www.gocomics.com/lio/2009/06/13/

4. Chakolate Jun 13th 2009 at 01:14 pm 4

My cat sleeps under the covers with me. Let’s just say, he’d laugh his arse off over that Lio, then cut it out and put it on the pillow, if he could.

5. Xenocles Jun 13th 2009 at 04:50 pm 5

6. John in Tronna Jun 14th 2009 at 01:00 am 6

I have a friend back in my hometown with a rather flatulent dog named Jennifer. She’d be lazing around, let one drift, smell it, and bolt whining from the room. Then it would hit us.
    Tempus fugit. Unfortunately, flatus non fugit.

7. John in Tronna Jun 14th 2009 at 01:03 am 7

Xenocles

I heard tell of a similar scenario back in the eighties on one of those Donohue-type talk shows (”My Husband Is A Nerd!”). Hubby used to do the same thing to wifey, only instead of “Dutch Oven”, he called it “Sharing”.

8. Keera Jun 14th 2009 at 05:01 am 8

The LIO one cracked me up. All the things that live in and under his bed, trying to escape. But why is it called “Dutch Oven”?

9. Rainey Jun 14th 2009 at 02:54 pm 9

@Keera: A Dutch oven ( in the literal sense ) is a type of oven that can be placed in a campfire. It is slightly similar to an Asian wok in shape but not as curved outward at the top. It also has a lid to go on it in order to enclose its contents. The concept is similar ( though not identical ) to a microwave. This creates a “pocket” in which heat is trapped allowing your food to cook. The parallel to the literal Dutch oven and this type of shenanigan is that farting and then pulling covers over someone’s face has the effect of creating a “pocket” that traps gas instead of heat.

10. Keera Jun 14th 2009 at 03:58 pm 10

Rainey, thanks! I’ve also learned a little bit more about Dutch ovens, too. (I didn’t know they could be used in a campfire.)

11. CIDU Bill Jun 14th 2009 at 04:08 pm 11

Of course they can, Rainey: Didn’t you see Blazing Saddles?

12. Xenocles Jun 14th 2009 at 05:57 pm 12

Thanks, Bill, for bringing us full circle.