WordPress database error: [Table 'com0800608122374.wp_terms' doesn't exist]
SELECT t.*, tt.*, tr.object_id FROM wp_terms AS t INNER JOIN wp_term_taxonomy AS tt ON tt.term_id = t.term_id INNER JOIN wp_term_relationships AS tr ON tr.term_taxonomy_id = tt.term_taxonomy_id WHERE tt.taxonomy IN ('category', 'post_tag') AND tr.object_id IN (2840) ORDER BY t.name ASC

Comics I Don’t Understand » Hey Geriatrics! Comics!

Hey Geriatrics! Comics!

on Mar 11th 2009

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

I guess it’s time to start up a special section for comic strips that aren’t likely to be understood by anybody who isn’t, well, old enough to remember those Hey Kids! Comics! signs

lio090311.gif

WordPress database error: [Table 'com0800608122374.wp_terms' doesn't exist]
SELECT t.*, tt.* FROM wp_terms AS t INNER JOIN wp_term_taxonomy AS tt ON tt.term_id = t.term_id INNER JOIN wp_term_relationships AS tr ON tr.term_taxonomy_id = tt.term_taxonomy_id WHERE tt.taxonomy IN ('post_tag') AND tr.object_id IN (2840) ORDER BY t.name ASC

Filed in

WordPress database error: [Table 'com0800608122374.wp_terms' doesn't exist]
SELECT t.*, tt.* FROM wp_terms AS t INNER JOIN wp_term_taxonomy AS tt ON tt.term_id = t.term_id INNER JOIN wp_term_relationships AS tr ON tr.term_taxonomy_id = tt.term_taxonomy_id WHERE tt.taxonomy IN ('category') AND tr.object_id IN (2840) ORDER BY t.name ASC

Uncategorized | 14 responses so far

14 Responses to “Hey Geriatrics! Comics!”

1. Daniel J. Drazen Mar 11th 2009 at 08:43 pm 1

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

Harry Angel: “Have you ever watched the Mickey mouse club?
    Well you know what today is? It’s Wednesday, anything can happen day.” Angel Heart (1987)

2. Nicole Mar 11th 2009 at 08:51 pm 2

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

M I C (see ya real soon) K E Y (why? because we like you)

M O U S E …………..

3. Adam! Mar 11th 2009 at 09:00 pm 3

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

Had to go to Wikipedia for that one. I’m not sure it’s necessary to get the joke, just an added bonus for the generation who would name Annette before Britney when listing Mouseketeers.

I still can’t figure out what “Hey Kids! Comics!” is: my Google-foo is weak. File it under RIDU (References I Don’t Understand).

4. Elyrest Mar 11th 2009 at 09:05 pm 4

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

I got this one right away and my first thought was that there were going to be a lot of younger people who wouldn’t understand it. Payback for the ones I don’t get cause I’m too old.

5. fuzzmaster Mar 11th 2009 at 09:43 pm 5

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

Hey Kids! Comics: Classic sign above racks of comic books.

6. Kelex Mar 11th 2009 at 09:52 pm 6

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

Adam, when comic books were sold in bookstore on wire spinner racks, some of the racks would have a sign at the top that said “Hey Kids! Comics!” I know a few collectors who still have the old spinner racks as display items.

7. Haboo Mar 11th 2009 at 10:28 pm 7

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

I have to say, today was Wednesday, but nothing really happened.

8. Cidu Bill Mar 11th 2009 at 10:38 pm 8

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

Haboo, just because anything can happen doesn’t guarantee that anything will happen.

9. furrykef Mar 12th 2009 at 02:18 am 9

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

For instance, I could spontaneously transmute into a giant pile of uranium atoms, but I probably won’t.

10. Frank the curmudgeon Mar 12th 2009 at 03:25 am 10

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

Damn you! I’ve been trying to forget the Mickey Mouse Club for over fifty years.
    Worse than the damn purple dinosaur.

11. Todd Mar 12th 2009 at 04:49 am 11

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

I’ve never understood why everyone hates the dinosaur; he’s all about love.

The sponge on the other hand… Gaaaahhhh!!!!!

He sold everything he owned to buy a hi-tech spatula (?) (after his old one broke in two), and it ran off because he wasn’t good enough for it.

12. Powers Mar 12th 2009 at 09:38 am 12

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

I resent the implication that only old people would know anything about the Mickey Mouse Club.

Powers &8^]

13. That Idiot Ivan Mar 13th 2009 at 02:59 am 13

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

Yes, I am old enough to remember the original MMC, but i still have fonder memories of “ANYthing can happen in the next half-hour!”

14. Mark Jones Mar 13th 2009 at 09:07 am 14

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

I had to google this one, to be honest. Maybe it *is* time to start up such a category, Bill.

Dang…The strips always make me feel young…and not in a good way.