“And your uncle is really your…”

Cidu Bill on Mar 9th 2009

f_minus65g.gif

Filed in Bill Bickel, CIDU, F-Minus, Tony Carrillo, comic strips, comics, humor | 10 responses so far

10 Responses to ““And your uncle is really your…””

1. Elyrest Mar 9th 2009 at 12:23 am 1

Isn’t this just a variation of the old sibling routine, but using ants. I always told my youngest brother he was an accident - my parents already had 5 kids and had gotten rid of all the baby stuff. He then retaliated that I must have been too because Dad was still in college and they already had my 6 month old sister when my Mom got pregnant with me. Good times.

With ants there are infinite possibilities.

2. CIDU Bill Mar 9th 2009 at 12:27 am 2

Yes, but what is the ant saying this in retaliation for, and why ants?

3. BlueRaja Mar 9th 2009 at 12:38 am 3

Ants lay a crapload of eggs at once, so it’s funny to say that one of them was an accident (something you hear human kids say sometimes).

4. Elyrest Mar 9th 2009 at 01:21 am 4

Why do any siblings say things like that? Because they can drive their brother or sister crazy - that’s why. And BlueRaja is right. The idea that any one of them was an accident is funny.

5. LostInTarnation Mar 9th 2009 at 02:14 am 5

Bill — it’s not in retaliation for anything in particular. It’s funny because a queen ant’s sole purpose is to reproduce. The idea that one of the hundred thousand or so offspring of the queen (and FWIW, there can be more than one queen per ant nest, unlike bees) is funny by itself.

6. LostInTarnation Mar 9th 2009 at 02:16 am 6

@5 — oops: it should have read: The idea that one of the hundred thousand or so offspring of the queen *could be an accident* is funny by itself.

7. Elliott Mar 9th 2009 at 08:52 am 7

Extra credit: Compare and contrast this strip with the one below it.

8. Frank the curmudgeon Mar 9th 2009 at 06:09 pm 8

Elyrest - Ahh! The joys of having been an only child.

9. Elyrest Mar 9th 2009 at 07:37 pm 9

Frank, I am still being teased by my brothers and sisters for wanting to be an only child. And I wasn’t even the first-born!

I love them all dearly now.

10. Matthew Mar 13th 2009 at 02:13 pm 10

All children with siblings long to be only children. All only children long to have a sibling.

CIDU Bill, write your own first line. This strip is like an old mad-lib.