LOL-February 9

boyfriend.png
 Elliott Mitchell:
pardon_my_planet2-4-08.gif
 Jon Delfin:

cds090202.gif

lio090202.gif

Filed in Bill Bickel, Cul de Sac, F-Minus, Lio, Mark Parisi, Mark Tatulli, Off the Mark, Pardon My Planet, Tony Carrillo, comic strips, comics, comics that made us laugh out loud, humor, lol, xkcd | 16 responses so far

16 Responses to “LOL-February 9”

1. Fortyfive Feb 9th 2009 at 03:21 pm 1

That Lio strip is probably my favorite in a long time.

2. Brent Feb 9th 2009 at 03:49 pm 2

This year it seemed like there was some sort of synchronicity conspiracy with eating groundhog jokes.

3. Kamino Neko Feb 9th 2009 at 05:01 pm 3

The Lio one was physically painful. >_>

4. Rough Feb 9th 2009 at 06:44 pm 4

I can just see Mark Parisi (Off the Mark) sitting there with a drawing and no caption and then suddenly laughing at himself. It tickles.

5. Billy Feb 10th 2009 at 01:59 am 5

The xkcd one is just simple math. I don’t know what’s not to understand.

6. Winter Wallaby Feb 10th 2009 at 02:12 am 6

These aren’t CIDUs, Billy, they’re LOLs.

7. chuckers Feb 10th 2009 at 09:03 am 7

While I find the xkcd an lol, I don’t get the chart she drew. Is it just a generic
    diagram rather than actually trying to prove anything?

8. elgeo Feb 10th 2009 at 10:00 am 8

The xkcd diagram is a box-and-whisker plot (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Box_plot). It shows min, max, median, quartiles - and outliers.

9. MellowCake Feb 10th 2009 at 10:53 am 9

The first comic is a CIDU for me. What is she going to do with the “Censored” sign?

10. David Feb 10th 2009 at 11:02 am 10

MellowCake, as a comic strip character, if she does something that can’t be shown, it has to be covered with a “censored” sign. The fact that she’s taking one out with her means she plans on doing something that needs censoring.

11. Matthew Feb 10th 2009 at 02:56 pm 11

C.I.d.u. Bill, you need to make the title of the weekly “L.O.L.” strips bigger. Every week, we need to correct someone who thinks, reasonably, that these are just more comics someone didn’t understand. Perhaps title Mondays’ entries “Laugh Out Louds (NOT Comics I Didn’t Understand—NOT! NOT!!)—February 9th”—or whatever the date is.

Now, to the strips: That LIO strip is GREAT. I shall keep that in my own folder. The OFF THE MARK is great, too. One reads it & wonders why it has taken a hundred years of cartoons before someone made that joke.

Yes, David & Mellow, but the joke goes further. If it’s to be censored then she can’t tell her father what she will do. It’s the situation Mike Wallace was in in his show in the 1950s, when he challenged Paul Krassner about “all the dirty words in his magazine [THE REALIST]”, and Krassner said, “Which ones do you mean, Mike?”

12. Jack Feb 10th 2009 at 08:56 pm 12

Normally I’m not the biggest fan of Mark Parisi’s comics, but I fell for the “broken window/histogram switcharoo” gag hook, line, and sinker. Good.

13. Todd Feb 11th 2009 at 05:12 am 13

I think the “young lady” is going into her bedroom. There’s no deadbolt on the door. The “censored” is for her webcam.

And the dad should be at least partly happy that she’s using the “censored”.

Of course, if I had kids, they would not have webcams or camera phones, or any kind of camera between the ages of 11 and 18.

14. Charlene Feb 11th 2009 at 04:53 pm 14

I don’t get the Lio comic. Is “Mike and Ike” a brand of something?

15. Matthew Feb 11th 2009 at 04:55 pm 15

Mike & Ike is a brand of candy, small pellets of fruit-flavored licorice-like chewyness.

16. Charles Feb 11th 2009 at 11:49 pm 16

Love the Lio comic. I have a postcard around here somewhere with a picture of Ike and Tina …

and the “CENSORED” sign would be funnier (albeit perhaps too subtle) if it were just a black rectangle … or a representation of pixelation.