Watch the Hand

Cidu Bill on Jan 22nd 2009

Lola: I’ve seen other versions of this obsessive/compulsive joke and, once again, find it amusing. Not milk out of the nose funny, but OK. However, I am confused by the placement of the one man’s hand in the second panel.

dingdong.gif

Filed in Bill Bickel, CIDU, Leigh Rubin, Rubes, comic strips, comics, humor | 15 responses so far

15 Responses to “Watch the Hand”

1. Birdseed Jan 22nd 2009 at 10:11 am 1

It’s just badly drawn. It looks like it’s the back of the hand, but it’s actually the palm, the gesture being “come on in”.

2. mike jones Jan 22nd 2009 at 10:22 am 2

Yeah, the guy’s got two left hands. I’ll bet he has two left feet, too

3. JohnRoy Jan 22nd 2009 at 10:37 am 3

obsessive/compulsive jokes are not funny !obsessive/compulsive jokes are not funny !obsessive/compulsive jokes are not funny !obsessive/compulsive jokes are not funny !obsessive/compulsive jokes are not funny !obsessive/compulsive jokes are not funny !obsessive/compulsive jokes are not funny !obsessive/compulsive jokes are not funny !obsessive/compulsive jokes are not funny !obsessive/compulsive jokes are not funny !obsessive/compulsive jokes are not funny !obsessive/compulsive jokes are not funny !

4. JohnRoy Jan 22nd 2009 at 10:37 am 4

LOL

5. Bill Zilch Jan 22nd 2009 at 12:52 pm 5

I’m more confused about the hand holding the hat. Either it is someone else’s hand or that guy is Richard Reed.

6. Kelex Jan 22nd 2009 at 01:28 pm 6

You mean Reed Richards?

7. Elyrest Jan 22nd 2009 at 01:53 pm 7

Maybe the guy with the hat can get together with the woman from the 15th giving birth to the instruction manual. With these arms and those legs - what a pair.

When I looked at the hand in the 2nd panel it looked wrong, but after I read Birdseed’s comment I looked again. It’s almost an optical illusion as it looks both wrong and right.

8. geekboy Jan 22nd 2009 at 02:18 pm 8

Since the thumb(shorter) is up on the right hand he is gesturing Mr OC in. The Drawing style is a little reminiscent of Mad’s Don Martin.

9. Sparkle Jan 22nd 2009 at 04:55 pm 9

Lots of things seem sort of off! Aren’t doorbells usually located on the side of the door where it opens, not the hinge side? Drawing issues aside, its still pretty funny.

10. Bill Zilch Jan 22nd 2009 at 05:45 pm 10

“You mean Reed Richards?”

Him too!

11. Charlene Jan 22nd 2009 at 10:33 pm 11

My neighbour’s dog has just learned all on her own to ring doorbells. This comic was my life this afternoon.

12. Todd Jan 23rd 2009 at 05:26 pm 12

“All on its own”? I’ve got a bridge…

13. Sloan Jan 23rd 2009 at 11:19 pm 13

Obsessive-compulsive disorder apparently correlates with baldness.

14. Charlene Jan 24th 2009 at 03:37 am 14

Todd, the alternative was that a ghost was doing it. She thought it was great - push a button and not only does noise happen, but people start running around and paying her attention.

I certainly do appreciate being called a liar, incidentally.

15. Ooten Aboot Jan 24th 2009 at 11:51 am 15

Sloan: that’s caused by O-C brushing.